After reading the title, you know its baked without oven.. Yes it is.. Now whether you have a oven at your home or not.. It won’t stop you to make the best cake of your life!
This black forest is chocolaty, creamy, juicy, moist, cherry(ish), and also has a bite from chocolate shavings!! Awesomeness!! After tasting this, i forgot that Crowne Plaza’s Cake’s which used to ring in my mind since years!! They make tremendous cakes, but homemade is the best…
If you follow the exact same recipe, you’ll get a stupendous look and scrumptious taste! Believe me, the cake was finished within 30 mins!
PS: Check out my list for baking supplies in India. Click here
White Forest Cake, Eggless, made without condensed milk, made in cooker.. Click me
[widget id=”text-5″] Get your ingredients ready!!
- Dry Ingredients: All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
- Cocoa Powder - 3-4 Tbsp
- Powdered Sugar - ¼ Cup
- Baking Soda - ¼ Tsp
- Baking Powder - ½ Tsp
- Wet Ingredients: Butter - ⅓ Cup
- Condensed Milk - ½ Cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 Tsp
- Milk/Hotwater - As required
- Salt - 1-2 Cup
- Icing: Whipping Cream - 550-600ml
- Powder Sugar - 5-6 Tbsp
- Vanilla - If desired
- Filing: Red Cherries - ¼ Cup
- Syrup: Syrup from Cherry tin - ½ Cup
- Sugar - 4 Tbsp
- Shavings: Chocolate Bar - As required
- Red Cherries for top - 8-10
- Sponge: Add the salt to a cooker, use a idli cooker or a normal cooker(without whistle). Then keep a rack, cover and heat in low flame!
- Take a bowl and add in the room temp. butter, beat it. Then add the sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Takes 2-3 mins! Now add condensed milk, whisk for good 3-5 mins.
- Take a sieve and sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda. Fold the flour into the wet ingredients using a spatula or a spoon.
- Slowly add in Milk or hot water and make a smooth dropping consistency batter.
- Apply butter to a cake tin preferably a 6" or 7"(depending upon height required) or a steel/aluminium container of such diameter. Then a butter paper(for smooth, perfect, cake!) in the bottom and again butter it.
- Add the batter to the cake tin and then tap it twice!
- Keep the tin in the cooker which must be preheated by now, Cover it and make sure its in low flame!
- Bake for 25-30 mins*. Check after 25 mins with a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean, cake is ready! If not, bake for another 5 mins.
- After cake is baked, take it out and let it cool for 10 mins. Loosen the sides with a knife and then transfer the cake into a plate then a cooling rack!
- Chocolate Sponge is ready.
- Icing: Chill a stainless steel bowl and a wire whisk in freezer for about 15-30 mins. Also make sure the cream is chilled!
- Add the chilled cream, powdered sugar and vanilla(i don't prefer) to the chilled bowl and whisk until soft peaks! Then keep the cream in the fridge for another 15-20 mins and then beat for 3-5 mins or until stiff peaks!
- Whipped Cream is ready!
- Filling: Take the cherries and crush them lightly to take the seed out!
- Syrup: Take out syrup from cherry tins. Add sugar to it and then heat until sugar melts! Don't over heat, just until sugar melts.
- Shavings: Take dark compound chocolate bar and peel it with a peeler! After peeling, freeze for 10 mins or more so that they get stiff and its easy to crush and apply!
- Lets Assemble: Take 3-5 bowls and keep a plate over it. Or simply use a turn table!
- Cut cake into three layer horizontally by turning the table. Transfer the layers to a plate.
- Touch the turn table with cream to ensure safe decoration and then add the bottom sponge layer to it.
- Spread 3-4 tbsp of syrup to it. Spread a good ½ inch layer of cream to it. Then some cherries. Now the middle layer, syrup, cream and cherries.
- Now the final layer, keep it upside down and then spread syrup!Take a big dollop of stiff cream and then spread it on top as well on sides. Then make it smooth! If crumbs are seen, do a crumb coat!
- Keep the cake in freezer for 10 mins(optional). Makes easier to transfer to serving base!
- Transfer the cake to Cake base using palette knife. Be careful!
- Now add the remaining cream to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe with circular motion on top which makes rosettes.
- And pipe and lift on bottom.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings all over sides and top.
- A cherry on the top of each rosette!
- Its ready!
Milk/Hot water: You can use either one. I prefer both. About 2-3 Tbsp Milk and rest hot water. Using only milk can produce a milk chocolate type of taste!
Baking Time: It depends upon the stove.. It can take upto 45 mins.. But dont overbake.. Once the toothpick comes out clear, switch off the flame and take it out! Overbaking can result into hard cake!
Usually Kirsch(Cherry Rum) is used in this cake as a syrup. We are making at home, so we'll use the cherry syrup from tin!
You can use any of red cherries, black cherries, maraschino cherries. They are available in tins!
Chill and serve. I found that the taste enhances and the flavors of cherry is intense, sponge is soft and overall is deliciously delicious after 12 hours!
Enjoy.. Such an easy recipe, and its without oven.. Why are you hesitating? Very easy to make too.. And it tastes better than bakeries.. Also the comfort of making at home, Bake it.. I am sure you’ll love it.. And you will always make cakes at home from now on.. No excuses, Just make it!
Feel free to ask any queries! I will be very happy to answer them!
Black Forest Cake by Aashika! 🙂
One of our viewer, made this Black Forest Cake following our recipe and sent this picture! Thanks Aashika.
Guys, feel free to send the pictures of the dishes you made following our recipe to us at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂