Recently, I ordered some Paneer Shanghai in a restaurant, It was good.. But It was more towards fritters as it was served that way..
So, I tried it at home and voila! It was better at home. The flavorful rich marination to paneer, then fried.. The Paneer gets super duper moist and soft as it fries in hot oil and then served!
Yes, We all enjoy Pakodas, this recipe is just a notch up so do try and let me know how it goes! 🙂
- Paneer - 300g
- Cashews - ⅓ cup
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Corn Meal - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1
- Garlic - 5-6
- Ginger - 1" Piece
- Gr Chili - 1
- Curry Leaves - 4-5
- Besan - ⅓ cup
- Sesame Seeds - 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala - ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - to deep fry
- Coriander Chopped : a little bit (optional)
- Start by adding : cashews, besan, corn meal, curry leaves, ginger, garlic, green chili, onions and a little water to a mixer and grind to a thick coarse paste.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl, and add in salt, red chili powder, sugar, garam masala, sesame seeds, chopped coriander(opt) and mix.
- If the mixture is thin, add some besan and make it thicker. Heat up oil for deep frying.
- Add a couple of pieces of paneer to the mixture, and make sure it is coated well. Drop each piece into Hot oil and fry until golden. Serve Hot!
a cup of tea and a couple of these, a perfect evening! make it and enjoy! 🙂
That’s all for today, Thanks 🙂