Today, let’s make some chocolate-cashew cookies, famous karachi bakery style 🙂
These are absolutely amazing, Perfect texture, loaded with cashews and chocolate.. Makes a perfect biscuit to grab and enjoy anytime!
Let’s dig right in to the recipe!
- Vegetable Fat / Margarine / Butter - ½ Cup / 115 grams
- Powdered Sugar - ½ Cup / 100 grams
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Tsp / 5 Ml
- Milk - 2 tbsp - 4 Tbsp / 30 - 60 Ml
- Cashews - ½ Cup / 75 grams
- Flour - 1¼ Cups
- Cocoa Powder - 3 Tbsp
- Baking Powder - ½ Tsp
- Salt - 2 Cups
- Take about ⅓ cup cashews and grind them to a meal like consistency. Chop the remaining into small chunks for topping.
- In a mixing bowl, add the fat and sugar. Beat till creamy, add the vanilla essence, 2 tbsp milk, grind-ed cashews and sift the flour-cocoa-baking powder in.
- Mix and combine, and make a soft kind of dough, add 2 more tbsp milk if required. Wrap in cling warp and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Start by heating up your pressure cooker/idli cooker with 2 cups of salt, a wire stand and a perforated plate. Cover and heat in medium flame for 10 minutes. Remember to remove the whistle. If you wish to bake in oven, preheat at 160 C for 10 mins.
- Take the dough out, smoothen a lil bit, sprinkle some flour and roll it to ½' thickness. Using a cookie cutter or a knife, cut down the cookies to make shapes. I used a square cookie cutter.
- Top the biscuits up with the chopped cashews and press. Place in a cake tin/tray, keep a piece of butter paper and keep the cookies in. Place the tin inside the cooker and bake in med-low flame for 15-18 mins.
- You can also bake it in your oven at 160 C for 20 mins if you wish to bake in oven.
- Once baked, let them cool and Enjoy!
Having a punch of chocolate, with the awesomeness of cashews, this is scrumptious! Have fun, making these!
That’s it for today,