Pav Buns, Ladi Pav, Dinner Rolls. Whatever you call, but making them at home is a pain isn’t it? Well, Not now..
I’ve experimented and have got bread as hard as rock to the fluffiest-moistest-spongiest-softest ones.. Tangzhong to a recipe from a baker.. So finally, here comes my perfect eggless ladi pav buns which are feather soft! 🙂
Textie Version is what you are for? Lol, here you go!
- Plain Flour / Maida - 2 Cups / 250 Gms
- Milk - ¾ Cup + 1½ Tbsp / 190 Ml
- Salt - 1 Tsp / 5 gms
- Butter - 4 Tsp / 20 gms
- Milk Powder - 1½ Tbsp / 15 Gms
- Instant Yeast - 2 Tsp / 8 gms
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp / 15 gms
- Milk & Butter - For Brushing
- Maida/Flour - for dusting
- Oil - for greasing
- Warm the milk, Add the sugar, yeast. Mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the maida, salt and milk powder in your kitchen platform mix well and make a well.
- After 10 minutes yeast mixture should look frothy(if it does not, then throw and restart or get another brand of yeast), Add this mix to the well and make a dough. It would be on the sticky paste side. Its absolutely perfect.
- Now add the butter to the sticky paste and start kneading. It will turn from sticky mass of dough to a dough that is a dough and turns to a bowl. I mean it turns to a dough, that's when the gluten is activated and it is ready will take 15 minutes of kneading for reaching that stage. Use scraper to scrape the dough that has stuck. And knead for 15 mins.
- DO NOT add any thing i mean do not add any flour or any oil or anything while kneading, all the magic happens just like that. It will be not soft if you add anything while kneading.
- After 15 mins of kneading, transfer this dough to a big bowl, cover and keep aside for 45 mins to one hour.
- It will double in volume after one hour, take some maida dust your hands and punch down the dough. Take out and knead for one minute, if it sticks too much, sprinkle some maida. Dont add too much maida otherwise the pav would not be that soft.
- Now divide this dough to 16 portions, about 30-31 grams each. Now keep one portion in your pan and with other hand roll this in circular motion to make a round shape.
- Take a 8" square cake tin and grease with oil, place the shaped dough. Keep the dough portions very close touching each other. Otherwise they wont rise up, but rise sideways and become flat.
- Now cover the tin with damp cloth and keep aside for another 40-45 mins.
- Preheat your oven to 200C for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the damp cloth after 30 minutes so that they dont stick to the cloth.
- After 45 minutes, brush the pav gently with milk. Gently place the cake tin in the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 200 C.
- If the buns dont look brown, bake for some more time. Take them out immediately and brush the top part with butter. Keep aside till they cool and ENJOY!
Now, what are you waiting for, You’ve got the perfect recipe in hands, jump right onto your kitchen and let the pavs come out 🙂
That’s it for today!
Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks for stopping by,