Can you resist over this luscious Pineapple Cake? I cant! No! It is ought to be one of my favorite things!
Haven’t you checked out our Black Forest Cake without oven? Check it out! Click me!
What about a White Forest Cake, eggless, without condensed milk, and made in cooker.. Click me!
Check out the list of stores where you can get baking supplies in India: http://cookingshooking.in/baking-supplies-in-india-most-cities-and-online-stores/
That lace in pineapple cake looks good isn’t it? I know its not even! :p
Let us have a look at the simple recipe of this extremely luscious Pineapple Cream Cake which is ofcourse eggless and made without oven!
- Dry Ingredients: All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
- Powdered Sugar - ¼ Cup
- Baking Soda - ¼ Tsp
- Baking Powder - ½ Tsp
- Salt - Tiny Pinch
- Wet Ingredients: Butter - ¼ Cup
- Condensed Milk - ½ Cup
- Vanilla Extract OR Pineapple Essence - 1 Tsp
- Water - 50ml/3Tbsp
- Salt - 1-2 Cup
- Icing: Whipping Cream - 550-600ml
- Powder Sugar - 5-6 Tbsp
- Vanilla - If desired
- Filing: Canned Pineapple Slices - Finely Chopped - ¼ Cup
- Syrup: Syrup from tin - ½ Cup
- For Lace: Melted Chocolate: 75ml or as required
- Pineapple Slices/Wedges - 5 or as desired
- Sponge: Add the salt to a cooker, use a idli cooker or a normal cooker(without whistle). Then keep a rack, cover and heat in low flame!
- Take a bowl and add in the room temp. butter, beat it. Then add the sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Takes 2-3 mins! Now add condensed milk, whisk for good 3-5 mins.
- Take a sieve and sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda. Fold the flour into the wet ingredients using a spatula or a spoon.
- Tip in the water and make thick and creamy cake batter.
- Apply butter to a cake tin of 6"(depending upon height required) or a steel/aluminium container of such diameter. Then a butter paper(for smooth, perfect, cake!) in the bottom and again butter it.
- Add the batter to the cake tin and then tap it twice!
- Keep the tin in the cooker which must be preheated by now, Cover it and make sure its in low flame!
- Bake for 25-30 mins*. Check after 25 mins with a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean, cake is ready! If not, bake for another 5 mins.
- After cake is baked, take it out and let it cool for 10 mins. Loosen the sides with a knife and then transfer the cake into a plate then a cooling rack!
- Our Sponge Cake is ready.
- Icing: Make sure the cream is chilled!
- Add the chilled cream to the bowl and whisk until soft peaks! Add the sugar, and beat until stiff peaks. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it. Whipped Cream is ready!
- Lets Assemble: Take 3-5 bowls and keep a plate over it. Or simply use a turn table!
- Cut cake into three layer horizontally by turning the table. Transfer the layers to a plate.
- Touch the turn table with cream to ensure safe decoration and then add the bottom sponge layer to it.
- Spread 3-4 tbsp of syrup to it. Spread a good ½ inch layer of cream to it. Then some Chopped pineapple. Now the middle layer, syrup, cream and pineapple.
- Now the final layer, keep it upside down and then spread syrup!Take a big dollop of stiff cream and then spread it on top as well on sides. Then make it smooth! If crumbs are seen, do a crumb coat!
- Keep the cake in freezer for 10 mins(optional). Makes easier to transfer to serving base!
- Transfer the cake to Cake base using palette knife. Be careful!
- Lace: Melt some chocolate over a bowl and then transfer to a piping bag. Cut a Butterpaper/Parchment Paper in the size of the cake's circumference. And then make some design in the sheet. Let it dry for 2 mins and then stick in the cake.
- Transfer the cake to the freezer for 5 mins and then peel the butterpaper.
- Now add the remaining cream to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Make some shell design as shown in video.
- Decorate with pinepple slices or as you wish.
The tin i used is a spring form tin of 17 cm diameter. I wanted some more height in my cake so i multiplied the sponge recipe by 1.5. That is increased the ingredients by 1.5. Like 1.5 cup maida and so on!
Baking time: As i made a little bigger cake it took 40 mins to bake!
Over baking can yield to a hard cake. So as soon as the toothpick comes out clean, switch it off and take it out!
I've made a lace of chocolate and applied for a different look in the simple looking cake. If you wish to skip it, you can ofcourse skip!
Here’s a slice for you!
Isn’t the recipe so easy? So what are you waiting for? Make this and enjoy! Oh
yes, dont forget to send us the pic of the cake you made! We’ll be really really happy!