Its Halloween Time! Lets make a delectable Pumpkin Cake without oven!! The sponge cake which is made for this is one of the best I’ve ever had! Combination of Pumpkin and the Garam Masala is divine! Let us have a look at the text recipe 🙂
- For Sponge Cake: Plain Flour - 1 Cup + ⅛ Cup(For Coating)
- Condensed Milk - ½ Cup
- Sugar - ¼ Cup
- Butter - ¼ Cup
- Pumpkin Puree - ⅓ Cup (More or less)
- Baking Soda - ¼ Tsp
- Baking Powder - ½ Tsp
- Salt - A Pinch
- Garam Masala - 1 Pinch to 1 Tsp
- For Filling: Melted White Chocolate - 120 gms
- Whipped Cream: 20gms + 50gm
- Nuts: As desired
- For Icing: Buttercream - ½ Cup
- Fondant - Orange and White
- Melted Chocolate - To Coat
- Other: Dark Choco Chips
- For Sponge Cake: Heat up a cooker with 2 cups of salt, wire stand, perforated plate in low flame.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter. Beat well. Add the sugar. Beaten it until light and fluffy. Once well creamed, add the condensed milk. Beat until light and thick.
- Using a sifter, sift the plain flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, garam masala.
- Fold the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients. Add the ⅓ Cup of Pumpkin Puree.
- If the mixture feels very thick, add 2-3 tbsp of pumpkin puree. Fold that in!
- Take a bundt pan, grease it well with oil. Add the ⅛ Cup of Flour. Wobble the pan. The flour should coat the pan really well.
- Add the cake batter to this pan using a spoon. Tap it well.
- Transfer this bundt tin to the preheated cooker. Cook for 25 mins in low-med flame. Flame should be on the lower side.
- After 25 mins, check with a toothpick. If comes out clean, cake is ready.Take it out and let it cool.
- Once slightly cool, use a knife and loosen the sides of the cake and flip it over to a plate.
- For Filling: Take 20 grams of whipped cream, mix it with Melted White Chocolate 120 gms. (This step is optional, you can just fill whipped cream)
- Add this mixture to the hole in the cake. Spread it and add some nuts. Now fill the remaining area with some whipped cream.
- For Icing: Spread a thin layer of buttercream to the cake.
- Roll out orange fondant into a thin sheet dusting cornflour to prevent sticking. Once rolled, dust off the excess flour and transfer this fondant to the cake.
- Press down the fondant to ensure it sticks. Cut off the excess fondant using pizza cutter.
- Take a little amount of white fondant, shape it to the stem shape. Coat it with some dark chocolate. Keep it in freezer for 5 mins.
- Wet your hands in water and spread the water in the stem's bottom. Now stick this stem to the cake.
- For Carving: Use a carving knife and carve a Jack-O-Lantern! Or use choco-chips and make the JOL Face!
I keep the flame on the lower side. You could also bake this cake in a Preheated Oven at 180 Degree C for 25 mins!
Make this awesome cake in Fall Season or Halloween or anytime in the year! Enjoyyy!