There are a lot of times when you have guests over and you want to serve them something quick and fast, but it should be delish!
My aunt(or my dear Mamiji) served me this last time when I visited her.. She is a workhorse in cooking I must say, ask her anything to make and she’ll churn out for you in the least time possible, with the best taste and twists! She heard me & my dad talking about Shahi Tukda a night earlier, and voila next morning’s breakfast is sorted for her 😛 Okay, let me share how she made, She had used an cookie cutter to cut the bread pieces and then toasted them.. Then she made some thin rabri(usual method), and served in a bowl.. It was delish!
So a few days back, I thought to make this, but I was aiming to make this in a time-limit of 20 mins.. So, I made it by toasting bread in ghee, then making rabri using condensed milk+milk.. And also skipped the sugar syrup.. First two attempts were awry, but things were sorted on the third, and was delish.. So here it is, Let’s dig in to the recipe..
- Milk - 1½ Cups (Full Fat)
- Condensed Milk - ½ Cup
- Bread Slices - 2
- Ghee - 4-5 Tsp
- Cardamom - 3-4
- Saffron - few strands
- Ghee - 4-5 tsp
- Cashews, Almonds, Raisins - few
- Edible Silver Leaf - to garnish (opt.)
- Start by heating the milk in a wide big pan in high flame. Stir it once in a while.
- Heat up another pan, add 2 tsp ghee along with the cashews and almonds.. Stir and shallow fry the nuts until light golden. Then add the raisins and continue stirring until they puff up, take down the nuts to a bowl.
- Keep an eye on the milk, and stir it often. Toast/shallow fry the bread in the renaming ghee from the nuts.. Once the one side is brown, pour in about ½ tsp ghee in the uncooked side and flip and toast.. Add in the kesar to the milk, and stir it & keep on reducing.. (Timestamp : 8 mins)
- After 2-3 minutes of the kesar being added, add the condensed milk to the milk and stir it.. And we're going to cook this for another 5 minutes..(Timestamp : About 10 mins)
- Take the bread out from the pan after its done, then toast another bread, same way.. Just pour in some ghee in each side before toasting..
- Keep stirring the milk often after adding the condensed milk to prevent it from sticking & burning to the bottom..
- Crush the cardamom pods to make a powder.. The second slice of bread must have been done now, take it down..
- After about 15 minutes have passed, and the rabri looks thick and bubbly, it's all ready! Lower the flame, add the cardamom powder and mix.. Switch off the flame!
- Cut the bread slices into small triangles, also rough chop the fried nuts.
- In a plate, place the bread, scatter a few chopped nuts then pour over some rabri.. Add some almond slivers, kesar and edible silver leaf.. Enjoy the heavenly delicacy 🙂
What are you waiting for, quickly make this and enjoy 🙂
That’s all for today, Thanks!