We all think what to make, what to snack, what to pack for lunch, that is something healthy but easy to make.. One common thing we usually make is wraps, most of us use leftover sabzis and some ketchup and roll it up or some sort..
So, I thought to make a Vegetable Wrap this time for Kids Lunch Box Series, and believe me, it is amazing! The vegetables give a crunch, marinated paneer has something on its own, along with the chatakedaar chutney(coriander chutney made with yogurt and used black salt), and ofcourse our humble leftover rotis!
It is something to try out, and this recipe is just a kind of start for you, make this with any variations you like and am sure you’d like them! 🙂
- Carrots : ¼ Cup
- Capsicum : ½ Cup (3 colors)
- Paneer Strips : 6-7 (1 cm thickness, 3 cm wide, 6-7 cm long)
- Cabbage : ¼ Cup
- Onions : ¼ Cup
- Beans : 2
- Green Chutney : 3½ tbsp
- Yogurt : 1 Tsp
- Chat Masala : 1½ Tsp
- Red Chili : 1 Tsp
- Salt : as per taste
- Oil : as required
- lettuce : as required
- Leftover Rotis : 3
- Ketchup : as desired
- Start by marinating paneer, to do so take a plate, add the yogurt, 1 tsp chat masala, 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder, about ½ tbsp of green chutney and salt to taste. Mix well and then add the paneer strips and coat well.
- Cook the paneer strips in a hot pan with some oil until golden, flip and cook on both sides. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add about ½ tsp of oil and then add the carrots, beans, onions, capsicums. Saute for two minutes. Add the chat masala, switch off the flame and add the salt. Stir well for a minute, add the cabbage and stir well. Transfer to a plate and let it cool. The veggies should be cooked, but need to have a slight crunch.
- To make the wrap, take a roti, smear about a tablespoon of chutney. Then some lettuce, vegetable mix, paneer, sprinkle of salt, some ketchup, and roll it up! Either wrap half of it with aluminum foil and pack, or pack however you wish or just half it and serve! Enjoy the delicious wrap 🙂
This recipe is just a kind of start for you, you can change anything in this recipe to suit your tastebuds 🙂
So, what are you waiting for? This is something that I can enjoy anytime, as it comes down to be comfort food to me, and satisfies me, my hunger pangs, and also says that I’ve eaten something healthy.. It would be the same to you as well, try once and keep cooking up! That’s all for today! 🙂