Halloween is just round the corner.. Whats better than some Witch Finger Cookies? And,
and, We’re going to make these creepy thingy using atta! Oh yes! Many Indian’s have wonderful memories that their Granny or Mom taking some Atta(Whole Wheat Flour), Ghee(Clarified Butter), Sugar and Milk to a bakery, and getting back with mouth watering thin n crunchy Atta Biscuits/Punjabi Atta Biscuits.. That sounds something like our Graham Crackers isn’t it?? We’re going to make the cookies the same way, but shaping them to fingers!!
Let us have a look at this easy and delicious recipe!
- Atta(Wheat Flour) - 100gms
- Sugar - 50gms
- Ghee(Clarified Butter) - 33gms (Freeze for 30 mins)
- Milk - As required
- Almonds - As required (Flaked can be used)
- Salt - A pinch
- Baking Powder - Tiny Pinch (Optional)
- Garam Masala/Only Cinnamon - A pinch (Optional, Just enhances the taste)
- Melted Jam - As required
- Take a cooker/idli cooker, add 2 cups of salt, a wire rack, a perforated plate. Close the lid, remove the whistle(only when its a normal cooker), loosen the whistle(for idli cooker). Heat it at Low-Med Flame.
- In a bowl, tip in the atta, sugar, baking powder, salt, garam masala. Mix well.
- Add the ghee(frozen) and incorporate well.
- Add milk and form a dough.
- Shape the dough into fingers, Press in a almond at the edge.
- Transfer this to your cake tin/spring form tin/baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in med flame for 15 mins or at 200 Degree C for 15 mins.
- Once baked, remove the almond. Apply the jam. Place the almond.
- Coat the bottom of the finger in jam!
Isn’t that simple n easy? What you waiting for? Make them and enjoy!!