Just 30 days are left for Christmas.. And we’ve another Christmas Special Recipe for you all.. Its Christmas Fruit Cake.. Its known as Black Cake, Plum Cake, Fruitcake and so on.. Many names, simple variations!
Oh yes, this is not a traditional recipe. I have used simple dried fruits to make this, replaced alcohol with orange juice! And as usual, this is a eggless recipe! You can Bake this Without Oven too! Check out our other cake recipes to know how! Click Me!
Let us have a look at the simple and awesome cake recipe..
- For Fruit Soak: Fresh Orange Juice - ½ Cup to ¾ Cup (From 2 Oranges)
- Tutti Frutti/Candied Papaya - 5-6 Tbsp Appx
- Cashewnuts - 1-2 Tbsp Appx
- Dried FIgs - 1-2 Tbsp Appx
- Walnuts - 1-2 Tbsp Appx
- Dried Dates - 1-2 Tbsp Appx
- Almonds - 1-2 Tbsp
- Dates - 1-2 Tbsp
- Candied Ginger - 1-2 Tbsp
- Raisins - 1-2 Tbsp
- Garam Masala/Nutmeg+Cinnamon - 1 Tsp
- Salt - ½ Tsp
- For Cake: Soaked Dried Fruits
- All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
- Condensed Milk - ½ Cup
- Butter - ¼ Cup
- Sugar - ¼ Cup
- Orange Juice/Milk/Water - 3-4 Tbsp
- Vanilla Extract - ½ Tsp
- Orange Zest - ½ Tsp
- Baking Powder - ½ Tsp
- Baking Soda - ¼ Tsp
- For Fruit Soak - Mix all the Ingredients in a Glass Bowl/Container and Cover with Cling wrap and refrigerate overnight or upto 36hrs.
- For Cake: Preheat your oven to at 180 C. Mix Baking Powder, Soda, Flour and Sieve twice.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add in condensed milk. Beat for 3-5 mins or until pale and light.
- Add in half of the flour, orange juice. Fold this into the wet mixture. Once combined, add the rest flour and fold well.
- Add the soaked dried fruits and fold them well!
- Grease a 7" cake tin. add the cake batter to it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 30-35 mins.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
You can bake this cake in a Pressure cooker/Cooker. Just add 2 cups salt, wire rack. Heat for 5 mins in low-med flame and then bake for 35 mins in the same thing covered without Whistle.
Here’s a slice for you! Oh yes, when you make one for yourself, send a picture to me at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
I liked the cake a lot.. Its moist, soft, loaded with dried fruits and nuts and citrus flavor! The cake’s flavor is even better the next day.. But it wont be left until next day if you’re a big foodie like me 😉
Have a great time!