Adai Recipe / Multi-lentil dosa | South Indian Healthy Kids Lunch Box Recipe
Adai Recipe / Multi-lentil dosa
- Rice - 1 cup
- Urad Dal - 1/4 cup
- Chana Dal - 1/4 cup
- Tuar Dal - 1/8 cup
- Moong Dal - 1/8 cup
- Dry Red Chili - 6 - 8
- Curry Leaf - a few
- Hing/Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Jeera/Cumin - 1 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Oil - to make Adai
- In a bowl, add the rice, and all the dals. Add water and wash-rinse twice.
- Then add the chilis, curry leaves, cumin seeds and hing. Add 2 1/2 cups of water and let it soak for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- After it has been soaked, blend to a kind of coarse paste. Transfer to a bowl, add salt and mix well.
- Heat a tawa, smear a lil bit of oil and remove off the excess using a tissue/cloth. Spread a ladle full of batter and make a adai somewhere between a thickness of a uttapam and a dosa.
- Cook in medium flame, once the top dries a little smear oil in the sides and cook till the edges are brown. Using a turner take the adai off the pan and serve! Tastes best with some onion chutney to me :)