Thank You so so so much! We’re now a family of over 11,000+ People.. Kuch meetha ho jaye(Lets have something sweet) 😉
After thinking a lot whether a 10,000 shaped cake or cookies I finally had to make this Black Forest Ice Cream Cake which is spectacular cause the cutters for cookies were’nt available and the 10,000 carved cake would be huge!
This was irresistible, I mean it! You just cant stop eating this! Why not, its a amazing combination of a pastry and ice cream! Lets get CookingShooking!
- For Sponge Cake: Plain Flour - 1¼ Cup
- Powdered Sugar - 1 Cup
- Oil - 5 Tbsp
- Milk - 1 Cup
- Lemon Juice - 1¼ Tbsp
- Cocoa Powder - 2½ Tbsp
- Corn Flour - 1½ Tbsp
- Baking Soda - ½ Tsp
- Instant Coffee - ¼ Tsp [Dissolved in 1 Tbsp Hot Water}
- Vanilla Essence - ½ Tsp
- For Ice Cream: Whipping Cream - 1¼ Cup
- Milk - ¾ Cup
- Condensed Milk - ¾ Cup
- Powdered Sugar - ½ Cup
- Vanilla Essence - Few Drops
- Other Ingredients: Whipped Cream - 1 Cup
- Dark Chocolate - 25 Gm
- White Chocolate Ganache - ½ Cup
- Red Cherries - Few
- Melted Chocolate for Lace: 50 gm Optional
- For Cake: Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the plain flour/maida, sugar, cocoa powder, corn flour, baking soda and mix well.
- In another bowl, add the oil, milk, instant coffee, vanilla essence, lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the wet mix to the dry and give it a whiz. Now transfer this to a 7" Greased Cake tin and bake for 30-35 mins in a preheated oven at 180 C.
- For Ice Cream: In a bowl add the cream and whip it to stiff peaks, now add the condensed milk and whip well then goes in the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add the milk and vanilla and make sure everything is well mixed, pop this in the freezer for 5 hours.
- Take the cake out of the tin and slice it into 3 layers also level the top using a long serrated knife.
- Place some cling wrap or aluminium foil at the bottom try of Spring Form Tin/Loose Bottom Tin. Now keep the first slice of the cake then ⅓ of the semi frozen ice cream, then cherries..Place the second layer and repeat the process.
- Now comes the third layer after the third layer add the remaning ice cream and pop this back in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours.
- After its frozen hard loosen the ice cream cake from the tin using a knife and take it out on a turn table or a plate.
- Now spread whipped cream all over the cake, be quick! Sprinkle the choco shavings.
- Pop back in the freezer for 30 mins then take it out and spread more cream to cover the chocolate shavings.
- For lace, take a butter paper and cut it in the appropriate size of the sides of the cake tin. Now make any design on that using melted chocolate.
- Take it and place it on the sides of the cake. Now peel the butter paper.
- Pipe border in the bottom. And place a edible sheet or sprinkle more chocolate on top and make a border on top as well.
- Freeze for another 2-3 hours and enjoy!
This is will you go gaga over it! When two amazing desserts come together something exotic happens!
Why not give it a try? I’m sure you’d love it!
That’s it for today!
Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks for stopping by,