Butterscotch Cake Recipe | Cooker Cake | Eggless Baking Without Oven
- Plain Flour / Maida - 1 1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Butter - 1/3 cup
- Butterscotch Crush - 1/4 cup
- Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder - 3/4 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 1/2 tsp
- Butterscotch Essence - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 1/2 cup to bake
For the Cream
- Lemon Yellow Color - a few drops
- Butterscotch Essence - 1 tsp
- Whipping Cream - 2 1/2 cup
- Butterscotch Crush - 3 tbsp
- Peanut Brittle - as required
- Caramelized Sugar Designs -
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Sugar Syrup - 1/4 cup
- Add the salt to a cooker, use a idli cooker or a normal cooker(without whistle). Then keep a wire rack/stand, cover and heat in low flame!
- Take a bowl and add in the room temp. butter, beat it. Then add the sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Then add in the condensed milk, whisk for another 2-3 mins. Then add the butterscotch essence, crush and whip for another minute.
- Take a sieve and sift in the flour, baking powder.
- Add half of the sifted flour mix to the wet mix along with 1/4 cup milk and mix. Proceed by adding another batch of flour and milk. Mix well. Add another 1/4 cup milk and mix.
- Apply butter to a 7" cake tin or a steel/aluminium container of such diameter. Then a butter paper(for smooth, perfect, cake!) in the bottom and again butter it.
- Mix the baking soda and vinegar, mix quickly, and add to the cake tin. Be Quick!
- Keep the tin in the cooker which must be preheated by now, Cover it and make sure its in low-med flame!
- Bake for 35 mins*. Check after 30 mins with a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean, cake is ready! If not, bake for another 5 mins.
- After cake is baked, take it out and let it cool, then place it in freezer for 2 hours.
- In a bowl, add the whipping cream make sure its cold. Start whipping it. Once it reaches soft peaks add the butterscotch essence and yellow color. Whip well till stiff peaks. Once whipped, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Keep a big plate over a few bowls or use a turn table.
- Cut cake into three layer horizontally by turning the table. Transfer the layers to a plate.
- Apply a wee bit of cream in the center of the turn table and place the bottom most cake layer.
- Spread some sugar syrup over the cake. Now add a dollop of cream and spread a good 1/2 inch layer. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp Butterscotch crush over to it and spread. Place another layer and repeat..
- Now the final layer, keep it upside down and then spread syrup!Take a big dollop of cream and then spread it on top as well on sides. Then make it smooth! Make a thin layer. Now place this in the freezer for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, add a good dollop of cream to it and spread using a spatula or a long knife/palette knife. Transfer to a cake board when you're satisfied.
- Decorate as you wish or, Take some chikki and place those in the bottom side edge.
- Using leftover whipping cream make a shell border using a piping bag with star nozzle by just pressing then slightly lifting and then let it come down again the piping bag. Or just press and release for stars. Make a border on top edge as well as bottom edge.
- Right after the top edge, sprinkle roasted peanuts. Then comes in some caramelized sugar strands.
- Well, thats it. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours before consuming for the flavors to mingle :)
RECIPE NOTES :