Carrot Cake Recipe in Cooker | Eggless Baking Without Oven
- Flour - 1 cup
- Carrot (grated) - 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup
- Sugar - 2/3 cup
- Salt - a pinch
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- All Spice Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt (to bake) - 1 1/2 - 2 cups
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Start by heating a cooker with - 2 cups of salt, over that place a wire stand and a perforated plate. Cover and let it preheat.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, powdered sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt(a pinch), all spice powder, walnuts & whisk all well together.
- In another bowl jug mix - yogurt & oil. Whisk together to combine.
- Grease a 7" cake tin with oil, or a bundt pan of the same size.
- Pour the wet mixture, to the dry ingredients mix, also add the grated carrot and mix to combine all together. If the batter too thick, you can add a couple tbsp(s) of milk. It was good & dropping consistency for me.
- Pour the batter in the cake tin, and place inside the cooker. Try to keep in center for an even bake. Keep the flame low-medium and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Check the cake with a skewer after 20 minutes by poking it in. If it comes out clean, its ready. If not, keep for some more time.
- Take the cake out of the cooker, and let it cool. Then using a knife, loosen the edges, and take the cake out. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or frost it with some cream cheese frosting and Enjoy the amusingly light & spongy carrot cake with tea, coffee or just as it is!
RECIPE NOTES :
1. You can use upto 1 cup of grated carrots. <br/>2. Nuts can be added upto 1/3 cup. <br/>3. If you don't have all spice powder, you can also add some nutmeg &amp; cinnamon powder or our very own garam masala.<br/>4. I had a small 5.5" bundt pan so i used a normal 7" pan cause the bundt pan is too small to accommodate the cake batter. If you have a 7" one or bigger, use that! <br/>5. Time the cake takes to bake will completely depend upon the size of cake tin, shape and also the flame. I used a 7" cake tin, and it was in low-med. Check the cake after 20 mins if you are using the same thing. In case of a 7" bundt pan, it will take about 25 mins.