Few months back, we had started Eggless Baking Without Oven Series.. I’m happy that you all like the series.. This time around, I’ve got White Forest Cake for you all.. Its, without oven, without condensed milk, without eggs.. And its superbly delicious!
The sponge broke due to mishandling by me.. But that does not matter.. In a pastry/cake, what matters for me is the look and the taste! I completed the cake by the thought, a broken cake can always be reassembled! A tip for you, when making this cake, refrigerate this for atleast 4 hrs to prevent the breakage and handle with
cake care 😛 Cakes made with curd are super moist,soft and delicious.. So take care of the sponge that’s it, the taste is guaranteed!
- For Sponge: Maida/APF - 1½ Cup
- Baking Soda - ½ Tsp
- Baking Powder - ¾ Tsp
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Butter - ½ Cup
- Thick Yogurt/Dahi - ¾ Cup
- Milk - ½ Cup
- Vanilla Extract - ½ Tsp
- Lemon Zest - ½ Tsp
- Lemon Juice - From one lemon
- Salt - ¼ Tsp (If using unsalted butter)
- For Assembling: Whipping Cream: 500-600 Ml
- Sugar - 4 Tbsp
- Chopped Strawberry's: ½ Cup
- Halved Strawberry's: To Garnish
- Sugar: 4-5 Tbsp
- White Chocolate Compound: For making Flakes
- For Sponge: Heat a idli cooker or a normal cooker(without whistle) or a normal big pot with 1-2 cups of salt, wire stand, perforated plate.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt(if using).
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar really well. Tip in the lemon, lemon zest, vanilla. beat well!
- Add in half of the yogurt, sifted flour mixture, milk and fold well, now add in the rest flour, yogurt, milk and mix well.
- Transfer the batter to a greased 7" cake tin or a normal utensil and place the tin into the preheated cooker and bake for 35-40 mins.
- After baking, let the cake cool in the tin and after that let it chill in the fridge for 4 hrs or more.
- For Assembling: Cream: Beat the cream in a bowl until soft peaks, add in the sugar and beat until stiff peaks.
- Syrup: Mix the 5 tbsp sugar with 5-6 tbsp water.
- For making chocolate flakes: Peel the chocolate with a peeler to make the flakes.
- For completing: Place a plate over some bowls to make a turn table.
- Place the cake over the turn table and make 3 layers of the cake using a long knife/serrated knife. Transfer the layers to a plate carefully.
- Touch the turn table with a little bit of cream, and place the first layer. Smear some sugar syrup and make a thick layer of whipped cream. Spread 2-3 tbsp of chopped strawberry and cover the strawberry's with some more cream to make sure the second layer sticks. Place the second layer and spread the syrup, cream, berries then the third layer.
- Spread some syrup. Now take a big dollop of whipped cream and spread nicely using a big knife/palette knife/spatula. See Video!
- Place the cake in the freezer for 30 mins to 1 hr. Crumb coat have been set, now for the final icing, take a dollop of cream and spread it as shown in video! Spread the chocolate flakes all over the cake generously.
- Transfer some cream to a piping bag with star tip, and make rosettes in top and bottom. And place halved strawberry's on top of the rosettes.
- Place some big flakesand a big strawberry in center of the cake!
- Cake is ready, refrigerate for 3-4 hrs or more and enjoy!
Due to my mishandling, the sponge broke, A Broken Cake can always be assembled! This has always boosted my confidence! I knew the ingredients we used to make the cake are good, and hence the result will be good! The cake was superbly delicious.. Make this cake and enjoy!
Until Next time, Take Care.
Thanks, Have a great time!