Haven’t we always thought to make some rolls/wrappers at home.. Specially those spring rolls, which just rolls on our thoughts! 😛
We all have thought, and getting sheets from market is easy, but not easy to find at times..
Well, so we think of making at home and usually end up with make a batter and cooking it like a pancake.. And finally what we get is uneven, thick-n-thin at places, round sheets. Which are okay, but what’s better?
Well, watch out the recipe:
Text Version :
- Plain Flour / Maida - 1 Cup
- Corn Flour - ½ Cup
- Salt - To Taste
- Water - As required
- Add the plain flour, corn flour, salt to a bowl and add sufficient water to make a soft dough.
- Let the dough rest for a while.
- Divide the dough into small portions, dust plain flour/maida if its sticky. Roll the dough portions to thin sheets, snip the sides off with a pizza cutter if you wish to.
- Heat up a tawa/skillet. Once hot, place of the sheets, and as soon as the dough gets its moisture off and the color changes a wee bit flip over.
- Transfer to a plate, cover with a cloth and continue making. Enjoy.
Stuffing recipe: Heat a pan with 2 tbsp oil. Add a tsp each of ginger, garlic and chili sliced. Stir, add 2 onions sliced. Once they sweat, add ½ cup of mixed bell peppers, carrots, french beans chopped. Season with salt, pepper. Add a tbsp of soy sauce, a tsp of schezwan sauce, a tsp of tomato ketchup, ½ tsp vinegar. Stir, add the cabbage saute, and transfer to a plate to cool.
What are you waiting for? Make ’em and enjoy! 😀
Thanks for stopping by,