Cheesy Gujias, or Pockets.. These are delightful!
The thought, these cheesy gujias were to be a part of Fusion Diwali.. Then, a part of holi recipes.. But they are here now, after holi.. Cause you know right? You don’t a reason to make ’em!
Crisp and Flaky Pastry, filled with cheese, nuts, veggies is lovely! Let’s get to the recipe..
Read the text recipe:[widget id=”text-5″]
- Flour - 1 Cup
- Oil - 1½ Tbsp
- Water - to make dough
- Salt - to taste
- Corn - 4 tbsp
- Peas - 3 tbsp
- Raisins - 2 tbsp
- Toasted Nuts - 2 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Cheese - ¾ Cup
- Oil - to fry
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup flour, ½ tsp sesame seeds, 1½ tbsp oil/ghee, salt as per taste. Get your hands in and incorporate the oil well with the flour.
- Add little water at a time, and make a firm yet pliable dough. Do not knead, just form into dough using sufficient water. Cover and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- For Stuffing: Mix - Cheese, Peas, Corn, Raisins, Toasted Nuts, ½ tsp sugar, a pinch salt. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Heat up oil for deep frying.
- Take a portion of the dough and start rolling, Roll it to about 3.5" - 4" diameter. Apply water in the rim and put in a good tablespoon and half of stuffing or more. Gather the edges from one side, and shape it to a half moon(something like a hand pie or calzone in looks). Crimp the edges by folding or using fork. Make all in similar way.
- Fry these in medium flame, until golden brown. Get them down to a kitchen tissue to absorb excess oil and serve hot! Enjoy!!
Make them now, because you literally can’t stop, they are sooo delicious specially with the green chutney..
That’s all for today, Thanks! 🙂