Cheesy Gujiyas Recipe | Easy & Delicious Indian Snack | Snack ON!
- Flour - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Water - to make dough
- Salt - to taste
- Sesame Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Corn - 4 tbsp
- Peas - 3 tbsp
- Raisins - 2 tbsp
- Toasted Nuts - 2 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Cheese - 3/4 cup
- Oil - to fry
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup flour, 1/2 tsp sesame seeds, 1 1/2 tbsp oil/ghee, salt as per taste. Get your hands in and incorporate the oil well with the flour.
- Add little water at a time, and make a firm yet pliable dough. Do not knead, just form into dough using sufficient water. Cover and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix - Cheese, Peas, Corn, Raisins, Toasted Nuts, 1/2 tsp sugar, a pinch salt. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Heat up oil for deep frying.
- Take a portion of the dough and start rolling, Roll it to about 3.5" - 4" diameter. Apply water in the rim and put in a good tablespoon and half of stuffing or more. Gather the edges from one side, and shape it to a half moon(something like a hand pie or calzone in looks). Crimp the edges by folding or using fork. Make all in similar way.
- Fry these in medium flame, until golden brown. Get them down to a kitchen tissue to absorb excess oil and serve hot! Enjoy!!
RECIPE NOTES :
Recipe for Green Chutney: Take a bunch of coriander leaves, 1/2" ginger, 1 green chili, 1 tomato, salt to taste, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and blend to a paste. Enjoy!