Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies | In Cooker | Eggless Baking Without Oven
- Maida - 1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Butter / Margarine - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Zest - a pinch
- Melted Chocolate - to dip cookies
- Heat up your pressure cooker/idli cooker with about 2 cups of salt, wire rack and a perforated plate in medium flame.
- In a bowl, beat butter until smooth. Tip in the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Now add in the vanilla and lemon zest and mix this well. Add in the maida/flour and mix until the dough forms. Dont Knead, just mix!
- Take a cake tin/utensil/baking dish and grease it well with some oil. Make portions of the dough and make a round ball.
- Keep the balls in the utensil and spread it. Transfer this to the hot cooker. Close and bake for 15 mins in med flame.
- After 15 mins, take the cookies out and let them cool.
- Melt some chocolate. Dip the room temp cookies in the chocolate and let them set!
RECIPE NOTES :
You can use Idli Tray to bake these but that makes cookies with dome on both sides. Bake this cookies in medium flame. Keep a eye after 10 mins to prevent the burning. You can bake these at 180 C for 15 mins in an electric oven. I like the chocolate to be chilled and with a snap, I keep the cookies in the freezer for some time before munching them!