It’s been quite a time that we have made something baked..
Today, let’s make a chocolate nuts cake in pressure cooker without any eggs which is perfect to have just as it or with a cup of tea/coffee or for an nutty pastry..
Umm, let’s get started..
- Plain Flour / Maida - 1 Cup
- Corn Flour - 2 Tbsp
- Baking Powder - 1 Tsp
- Cocoa Powder - 2 Tbsp
- Butter - ¼ Cup
- Powdered Sugar - ¼ Cup
- Condensed Milk - ½ Cup
- Cashewnuts - 1½ Tbsp (Roughly Chopped)
- Hazelnuts - 1½ Tbsp (Roughly Chopped)
- Almonds - 1½ Tbsp (Roughly Chopped)
- Dried Blueberries - 2 Tbsp
- Raisins - 1 Tbsp
- Dates - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 1½ cups
- Mix cocoa powder in ½ cup of boiling water, keep aside until cools.
- Take a pressure cooker and add the salt in it, place a wire stand and a perforate plate. Cover and heat in medium flame.
- Sift the plain flour, corn flour, and baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat it until it is creamy and fluffy, then add the condensed milk, whisk for 2-3 mins.
- Add half of the sifted flour mix and all the cocoa powder mixture along with the dried fruits and nuts . Mix well. Add rest of the sifted flour mix and give it a mix. Grab a spatula and fold the mixture well.
- Transfer the batter to a 7" Cake tin or a similar sized aluminium/steel utensil which is greased well with butter. You can apply a butterpaper as well if you wish to.
- Spread the batter well, and add more nuts if you wish. Place inside the pressure cooker and cover, remove the whistle and bake for 30-35 mins in low-med flame.
- After 30 mins, check with a toothpick, if it comes out clean, its ready otherwise bake for another few mins.
- Once baked take out let it cool and take the cake out by running a knife over the edges and flipping over. Sprinkle some powdered sugar over top or Enjoy just as it is..
feel free to use any nuts and fruits 🙂
So easy and super delicious.. Do try and let me know how it goes 🙂
That’s it for today,