Today I am here with a recipe which is a real relish. Serves as a great breakfast, or a Sunday brunch. Actually it can be enjoyed anytime, it is that awesome. Club Kachori is a inseparable of kachori like pooris prepared from a club of ingredients served along a mouthwatering pumpkin curry. TREAT!! Served in many restaurants during Sundays, people actually queue up for this dish in many restaurants.
Love this dish a lot. I bet you once making it at home. Here is the recipe:
- For Puri dough - Maida (Plain Flour) - 2 cups
- Suji (Semolina) - ⅓ cup
- Urad Daal (Split Black Gram) - ½ cup
- Curd (Yogurt) - ⅓ cup
- Salt- to taste
- Ghee/Oil - a tsp.
- Oil to fry as needed
- For Curry/Sabji - Pumpkin cubes - 1½ cup
- Potatoes small cubes - 1½ cup
- Onion chopped - ½ Cup
- Oil - 2-3 tbsp.
- Ginger-garlic-Gr Chili Crushed - 1½ tbsp.
- Mustard seeds(Rai) - ½ tsp.
- Cumin seeds (Keera) - ½ tsp.
- Fenugreek (Methi dana) - ½ tsp.
- Onion Seeds (Kalonji) - ½ tsp.
- Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi) - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Coriander powder (Dhaniya) - 1½ Tsp.
- Turmeric (Haldi powder) - ½ tsp.
- Red Chili powder - 1 tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder - ½ tsp.
- Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch) - ¼ tsp.
- Dried Mango Powder (Amchur) - ½ tsp.
- Sugar - 2-4 tsp.
- Coriander (Cilantro) - to garnish
- Soak the urad daal for a couple of hours (3-4 hours) and grind it into a coarse paste after that.
- In a bowl, add in the flour, semolina(suji), salt and mix well. Add in the urad dal paste and make a dough adding yogurt little by little. Add in a tsp of ghee/oil and knead for 2 mins. Cover the dough with muslin cloth and let it rest for atleast 15 mins.
- Take a pressure cooker, add in the oil. Now add the mustard(rai), jeera(cumin), methi(fenugreek) and kalonji(onion seeds). Once these crackle tip in the crushed ginger-grchili-garlic and a pinch of Kasuri Methi(dried fenugreek leaves). Cook Until raw flavor is gone. Then add the onions and salt and let it cook until the onion is light brown.
- After onion is light brown, add in the pumpkin and potato, followed by turmeric, coriander powder, red chili powder. Sauté for 2 mins. Now add in some water, Once it boils, cover and cook until 4 whistles.
- Open the lid after some time. Add the garam masala, sugar, amchur(dry mango powder) and kasoori methi. Mix it all mash up some bits of pumpkin and garnish with coriander leaves. Let it simmer in low flame for 2 mintues. Sabji is ready.
- For kachori, roll some pooris by taking a dumpling out of the dough. Fry it in hot oil. Serve hot with pumpkin curry. Relish it!
Mashing up some of the pumpkin in the sabji when cooked is important.
If you want crisp puris then increase the amount of Suji and dal. Take ½ Cup of Suji and ¾ cup of Urad dal.
Make sure you try them, and let me know the outcome!! Oh yes, If you like crisp puris, then you can see the notes 🙂
Have a great time!