Club Kachori Recipe, a Real Relish!
- Plain Flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Suji / Semolina - 1/3 cup
- Dahi / Yogurt - 1/3 cup
- Urad Dal / Split Black Gram - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
For Pumpkin Curry
- Pumpkin - 1 1/2 cup
- Potato - 1 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1/2 cup
- Coriander - to garnish
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Chili Crush - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek / Methi - 1/2 tsp
- Onion Seeds / Kalongi - 1/2 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Coriander Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Amchur / Dried Mango Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Soak the urad daal for a couple of hours (3-4 hours) and grind it into a coarse paste after that.
- In a bowl, add in the flour, semolina(suji), salt and mix well. Add in the urad dal paste and make a dough adding yogurt little by little. Add in a tsp of ghee/oil and knead for 2 mins. Cover the dough with muslin cloth and let it rest for atleast 15 mins.
- Take a pressure cooker, add in the oil. Now add the mustard(rai), jeera(cumin), methi(fenugreek) and kalonji(onion seeds). Once these crackle tip in the crushed ginger-grchili-garlic and a pinch of Kasuri Methi(dried fenugreek leaves). Cook Until raw flavor is gone. Then add the onions and salt and let it cook until the onion is light brown.
- After onion is light brown, add in the pumpkin and potato, followed by turmeric, coriander powder, red chili powder. Sauté for 2 mins. Now add in some water, Once it boils, cover and cook until 4 whistles.
- Open the lid after some time. Add the garam masala, sugar, amchur(dry mango powder) and kasoori methi. Mix it all mash up some bits of pumpkin and garnish with coriander leaves. Let it simmer in low flame for 2 mintues. Sabji is ready.
- For kachori, roll some pooris by taking a dumpling out of the dough. Fry it in hot oil. Serve hot with pumpkin curry. Relish it!
RECIPE NOTES :
Sugar is the key to the pumpkin sabji. Make sure you add it. Mashing up some of the pumpkins in the sabji when cooked is important. If you want crisp puris then increase the amount of Suji and dal. Take 1/2 Cup of Suji and 3/4 cup of Urad dal.