Dal Makhani Recipe
- Tomato Paste - 1 cup
- Urad Dal/Black Gram - 1/2 cup
- Butter - as required
- Cream - as required
- Rajma/Kidney Beans - 2 tsp
- Chana Dal/Bengal Gram - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic - 1 1/2 tsp
- Shahi Jira/Black Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Soak the Urad dal, Rajma for a minimum of 6-7 hours. And Chana Dal for 2 hours. Add to a pressure cooker. Cook for 5 whistle's in high flame and then simmer for 10 mins.
- In a pan, add the butter and oil. Now the GG paste and cumin. Cook until raw smell goes. Now add in the tomato, salt and cook until it starts leaving sides.
- Now add in the coriander-cumin powder, red chili powder, cook until it leaves the fat.
- Tip in the boiled lentils, the water in which the lentils were boiled, fresh water and make it runny.
- Let it boil, cover and cook in med flame for 15 mins. Add in the cream. Cover and cook for another 15 mins..
- Add in the garam masala and serve Hot!
RECIPE NOTES :
The more you cook the dal, the tastier. When I have time I cook for 1 1/2 hour minimum adding checking every 10-15 mins and adding water. You can increase the spices and it will be even more tastier!