Today, I’ve got Dal Makhani for you all..
Dal Makhani, As the name says, Makhani. Which means buttery.. This butter, creamy, rich and delicious Dal Makhani can beat any one.. Goes well with any Indian Flat bread or Rice! Lets have a look at the recipe.
- Black lentil/Urad Dal - ½ Cup
- Kidney Beans/Rajma - 2 Tsp
- Split Bengal Gram/Chana Dal - 1 Tsp
- Tomato Puree - 1 Cup
- Cream - 3-6 Tbsp
- Butter - 2-4 Tbsp
- Oil - 1-2 Tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1½ Tsp
- Shahi Jeera/Black Cumin - ½ Tsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Red Chili Powder - 1 Tsp (I like to add 2 tsp)
- Coriander Powder - 1½ Tsp
- Cumin Powder - ½ Tsp
- Garam Masala - ½ Tsp
- Soak the Urad dal, Rajma for a minimum of 6-7 hours. And Chana Dal for 2 hours. Add to a pressure cooker. Cook for 5 whistle's in high flame and then simmer for 10 mins.
- In a pan, add the butter and oil. Now the GG paste and cumin. Cook until raw smell goes. Now add in the tomato, salt and cook until it starts leaving sides.
- Now add in the coriander-cumin powder, red chili powder, cook until it leaves the fat.
- Tip in the boiled lentils, the water in which the lentils were boiled, fresh water and make it runny.
- Let it boil, cover and cook in med flame for 15 mins. Add in the cream. Cover and cook for another 15 mins..
- Add in the garam masala and serve Hot!
You can increase the spices and it will be even more tastier!
Make and enjoy!
Until Next time, Take Care.
Have a great time!