Lot of the times, When we make an pastry or an cake which is layered, Just like my White Forest Cake.. We face problems while layering it, All because the cake might be very soft and moist.. Here, I come with the solution..
Today, lets make an sponge cake.. This cake is firm, yet spongy! Not to forget, the oil in the cake keeps it moist.. And the dark chocolate goodness is amazing! So lets make it..
- All purpose Flour/Maida - 1 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
- Oil - ¼ Cup
- Water - ¾ Cup
- Corn flour - 2 tbsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Instant Coffee - ¼ tsp
- Salt - 1½ Cups [For Baking]
- Take a pressure cooker or a idli cooker. Add in the 1½ cup salt and spread it. Once well spread, place a wire stand and also put a perforated plate over it. Cover and heat until we're ready with batter.
- Lets sieve our dry ingredients. Take a sieve and sift in your flour, sugar, cocoa powder, corn flour, salt, baking soda, and instant coffee in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix your oil, water, vanilla and vinegar.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients. Our cake batter is ready, now lets prepare our cake tin.
- Take any 6" or 7" steel/aluminium cake tin and add a few drops of oil. Spread it all around. Now add 1 tbsp maida/flour and spread/dust all over. Discard any left flour.
- Transfer the batter to the tin and place the tin in the cooker. Cover quickly and bake in low-med flame for 25-30 mins. Or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- After its baked, let it come down to room temp. Then slice, and make your favorite pastry or layered cake, or enjoy as wedges 🙂
You’ll be stunned, this easy peasy cake which whips up in 2 mins holds it shape so well! Well, the oil keep it moist all the time! Be sure to try and let me know how it goes 🙂
That’s it for today, Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks for stopping by,