We’ve done a lot of bakes without oven, but nothing on microwave right? Here comes our new series..
Today, Let’s cook up a scrumptious eggless chocolate cake, Homemade Style.. Along with a quick frosting.. Which is nothing but, our own low fat cream.. I mean our Amul cream whipped with hands and stabilized and flavored with chocolate.. Sounds thrilling to me atleast 😛
Let’s start with the video recipe..
Textie time now…
- For Chocolate Cake - Milk - ¾ Cup
- Vinegar - ¾ Tbsp
- Vanilla Essence - ½ Tsp
- Oil - 3 Tbsp
- Flour - ¾ Cup
- Powdered Sugar - ¾ Cup
- Corn Flour - 1 Tbsp
- Cocoa Powder - 2 Tbsp
- Baking Soda - ½ Tsp
- Oil - To Grease
- For Icing - Amul Cream - 2 Packs of 200 ml.
- Powdered Sugar - ¼ Cup
- Dark Chocolate - 150 grams
- For Assembling: Cocoa Powder - ½ Tsp
- Sugar - 3 Tbsp
- Cherries - 10-12
- Melted Dark Chocolate - 50g
- Melted White Chocolate - 50g
- Dark Chocolate - For Making Shavings
- White Chocolate - For Making Shavings
- In a bowl, add the milk, vinegar, vanilla essence, and oil and mix well.
- To a mixing bowl, add the flour, powdered sugar, corn flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and whisk to combine altogether.
- Pour in the wet mixture to the dry and whisk well.
- Grease a silicone cake tin / bowl of 6-7" diameter with oil. Pour the batter in.
- Microwave the cake for 5 minutes. My was done in 4:30 minutes and my microwave is of 800watts. Check with a toothpick at about 4:30 if comes out clean, cake is ready. If not microwave for another 30 second.
- Take the cake out and let it cool to room temperature. If you wish to serve the cake as it is without cream, you can do it warm as well.
- For Icing, Refrigerate the 2 packs of cream for atleast 24 hours. DO NOT SHAKE THE PACK AT ANY POINT.
- Snip the top off, and scoop out the thick cream. Usually the cream is separated in the pack like thick cream on top and whey/thin cream in the bottom on the pack. Carefully take the thick part and add to a bowl which has been kept in freezer for 15 mins.
- In a bigger bowl, add some ice cubes and a little water and then place the bowl with cream. Start beating the cream to form peaks. It will take about 20 minutes to reach the thickness.
- Add powdered sugar and keep aside for a moment.
- Place 150g of dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 30 second, stir and repeat until completely melted.
- Once melted, keep aside till it cools off to room temperature.
- Add a little bit of cream to the chocolate and stir generously. Now add the chocolate mix to the cream and whip very well till its stiff enough. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For Assembling - Take a turntable/place a big plate over a bowl. Place the cake, and slice the cake into two layers, keep aside.
- Mix ½ tsp cocoa, 3 tbsp sugar and 3 tbsp water and microwave for 2 mins. Let it cool to room temp.
- Place one layer of the cake in the turn table, smear the syrup and then add some cream. For easier application, i added my cream to a piping bag, then piped it.
- Scatter cherries, and place the another layer. Smear syrup and clot some cream and spread using a spoon for rustic homemade look!
- In a piping bag, add the dark and white chocolate and just put in a spoon/fork and take out to make a marble effect. If the chocolate is too fluid and warm, it will just pour out if you snip the tip of.. So just refrigerate the piping bag for 5 mins or wait for the chocolate to get a little cold and thick before adding to the piping bag.
- Snip the tip off the piping bag and pour the chocolate over the edges of the cake for that dribbling effect!
- Take dark chocolate for making shavings about 50 g, and peel it using a peeler to make shavings, Similarly do it with white chocolate. Scatter this over the cake and ENJOYYYYY!
I’m sorry for such a long recipe, but very easy it is.. Try it to believe! Taste is out of the world.. A pure chocolaty affair! <3 Enjoy! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by,