We all relish that glass of falooda, even after a huge meal on any hot summer day. Well there’s something special we all like in it. And, I am here today with it, making it in the comfort of home.
Well, one of the most important ingredient of falooda is the noodles or sev, hence it comes! 😀
Commercially, falooda sev is made with Tapioca/Sabudana. Today, I am doing an easy version by using corn flour.
- Corn Flour - ½ Cup
- Sugar - 2 and ½ Tbsp
- Oil - to grease
- Water - 1¼ Cup
- Ice Water - as needed
- In a mixing bowl, add the corn flour and sugar and slowly pour in the water. Add all the water little by little to the mix and mix it well.
- In a pan, pour this mixture. Stir it regularly and cook till it turns thick and translucent.
- Grease a sev maker with smallest hole sieve/attachment and add the cooked mixture into it. Next, take the ice cold water into a big bowl. Close the Bhujia Maker lid and start making the sev dropping them directly to the ice cold water.
- After having made all the sev, transfer this bowl of sev with ice cold water into the fridge for 30 minutes and they will be ready to use for the Falooda. Keep in fridge after 30 mins if you wish to use later.
- Store this sev upto two days in refrigerator..
Dessert or Drink? Umm.. You decide. Do try these and add to your lovely glass of Falooda! 🙂
Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks for stopping by,