Garlic Naans Recipe In Tawa - Eggless Naan Recipe Without Oven and Tandoor
- Garlic - 1/3 cup chopped
- Coriander - 2 - 3 tbsp
- Flour - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Yeast - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Warm Water -
- Oil -
- Water - to knead
- Start by taking some warm water, about 3/4 cup and add in the sugar and yeast to it. Mix well and keep to proof for 10 mins.
- In a large mixing bowl/kitchen platform take 2 cups of flour, add salt to taste. Along with the proofed yeast mixture.
- Get your hands in and form it into a dough, Add more water if required. Now add a tablespoon of oil and knead this for about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and let it proof for a hour or until doubled.
- Sprinkle some flour, and punch the dough. Knead it for a minute. Then form small portions out of it, about a lemon sized.
- Mix the garlic and coriander in a bowl for the topping.
- Heat up an iron tawa in high flame. Take a dumpling of the dough, and roll this using a rolling pin in an oblong shape. Sprinkle flour if necessary.
- Take about 1 1/2 tsp to 2 tsp of garlic topping and spread on top. Using the rolling pin, roll once to press the garlic in the shaped naan. Pat once with floured hands, optional.
- Flip the naan on its back, and smear water in here. Just make sure to wet it, neither too much water nor less. Take the naan and stick to the hot pan on the water side.
- Let the naan cook for a couple seconds, then flip the tawa and cook it in the flame. The naan would be stuck to the tawa, and you'd be lifting and flipping the tawa to cook the naan in direct flame for even cooking and brown spots.
- Once cooked, using a spatula or ladle or some sort, take the naan out, and smear some butter.. Enjoy HOT!
RECIPE NOTES :