Heart Cake Pops - Red Velvet | Valentines Day Special
- Red Valvet Cake - 5" square cake
- Melted White Chocolate - 2 - 3 tbsp
- Butter Paper -
- Melted Chocolate - white / dark
- Take the cake and crumble it. Now add in the 2-3 tablespoons of white chocolate to it and mix well.
- Add more chocolate if needed. We're looking for a dough kind of consistency. Take a little bit of mix and roll between hands, if it rolls well without breaking its ready otherwise add more chocolate for the same.
- Refrigerate the mix for 15 mins.
- Line a butter paper in a plate and place a small dumpling of the refrigerated mix and cut it using the heart cookie cutter. Now slowly, yet firmly take the heart out and keep aside. Refrigerate the hearts for 10-15 mins.
- Take a skewer and dip that in the melted chocolate and skewer that in the heart from bottom and keep the hearts upside down in a plate until they're set(probably 5 mins).
- Chocolate works as a glue for sticking the heart to the skewer so be generous there.
- Once they're set, dip the heart into the melted milk chocolate, covering the heart all around.
- Now tap your wrist from other hand while rotating the skewer so that the excess chocolate drips off from the heart evenly.
- Now use a cake pop stand or a styrofoam or a colander so that they can stand and set well.
- While the chocolate is not completely set, you can sprinkle in confetti sprinkles or desiccated coconut or heart sprinkles or whatever you like and make the skewer stand in a colander/styrofoam/cake pop stand.
- Once they are set, you can enjoy as they are or after chilling them :)
RECIPE NOTES :
Recipe for my 5" red velvet cake: 1/2 cup flour, 1/2cup sugar, 1/4 cup buttermilk (1/4 cup milk + few drops lemon juice mixed and kept for 5 mins) 1/8 cup oil, 1 tsp cocoa, 1/4 tsp baking powder, baking soda, 1/2 tbsp liquid red food color. Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately. Add in the wet to the dry in 2 alternations folding well and after everything is well mixed, transfer to a lined 5" square cake pan and bake for 15-20 mins in 180 C or in a cooker which has 2 cups salt, a wire stand and has been preheated for 5 mins with the salt-covered.