Festival of colors is all here, Wishing you a very Happy Holi! May god fill your life with all the colors!
Okay, Let me not go into the history of the festival.. In this Festival of Colors, why only play with colors? Let’s make a few colorful drinks which are easy to make and will keep you cool and refreshing!
Let’s start with the video recipe:
Now its time to go through each recipe in detail..
1. Kiwi Mojito
Mojitos are great.. But I like mine fruity! So here’s kiwi mojito with lots of kiwi! Feel free to make two servings of Mojito using the amount of mix we are making!
Time : 2-3 minutes
Servings : 2
- Kiwi Fruit – 1 Chopped
- Lemon Wedges : 2
- Mint Leaves : a couple leaves
- Sugar Syrup – as per strength
- Sparkling Water / Club Soda – To top up the glasses
- Ice Cubes – as required
- In a mortar and pestle or a cocktail muddler, add in the chopped kiwi, lemon wedges and mint leaves. Muddle it well.
- Transfer to a glass, add sugar syrup(about a tablespoon and half or so), and top the glass up with ice cubes. Pour in the sparkling water and serve! Enjoy!
2. Strawberry Sharbat
Sharbats are a good part of our Indian appetite, we have so many of them! Add this one to the list, Strawberry Sharbat with Sabja Seeds! Sweet, Energetic, Refreshing and loaded with Real Strawberries!
Time : 20-25 Mins(Cook Time) + 2-3 Hours(Cooling / Idle Time) + 2 Mins(Serve Time)
Servings : 3
- Strawberries : 1/2 Cup [Chopped, I used Frozen]
- Lemon Juice : 1 1/2 Tsp
- Sugar : 1/2 Cup
- Crushed Ice : as desired
- Sabja Seeds : 1/2 tsp [soaked in 1/3 cup water for 1 hr]
- In a pan, add in the chopped berries, along with 1 1/2 Cups of water, 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar. Stirring regularly cook this till it is thick, syrupy and most of the berries are mashed. You can remove the white scum while it is cooking.
- Test it by pouring a drop of two in a plate. Let it cool down, then kind of touch it with your index finger and stick your thumb to index finger and pull. Something like we test sugar syrup. It should have a small slight string forming.
- Strain this and make sure to use a spatula and press down every bit and piece, only seeds should remain up. Also collect the mix from bottom of the strainer. Let the mixture cool down.
- Take a glass, add a couple of tablespoons of the mixture, a little bit of crushed ice and then add water to fill the glass. Enjoy!
3. Black Grape Soda / Angoori Soda
Masala Soda is something we all enjoy, it is not only delicious but great for stomach as well.. Here’s a fruity punch to the soda.. My mom liked this one the most! 🙂
Time : 2-3 Minutes
Servings : 1
- Black Grape Juice
- Sugar Syrup
- Black Salt
- Roasted Cumin Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Frozen Grapes or Ice Cubes
- Club Soda
- Fill a glass 1/3 way with the black grape juice, add 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp Sugar Syrup(or as per strength), 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp black salt. Mix well.
- Add frozen green grapes or ice cubes, and top the glass with Soda. Enjoy!
4. Orange Mocktail
Orange Juice, with a little black salt, lemon juice, sugar and sparkling water. Simple, and refreshing.
- Orange Juice
- Black Salt
- Lemon Juice
- Sugar Syrup
- Crushed Ice
- Sparkling Water
- Fill a glass 1/3 way with Orange Juice, add a pinch of black salt, few drops lemon juice, 1 tsp sugar syrup.
- Add some crushed ice, top the glass with sparkling water and Enjoy!
5. Mango Smoothie
Mangoes, who doesn’t love them? Here’s a super easy mango smoothie with some ice cream 🙂
Time – 2-3 Minutes
Servings – 2
- Thick Yogurt – 1 Cup [Chilled]
- Mango Puree – 1 Cup [Chilled, I used frozen puree, which i thawed]
- Powdered Sugar – 2-3 Tbsp
- Ice Cream – 1 Scoop
- Saffron – a few
- In a jug/blender add all the ingredients except saffron and whiz it up.
- Serve in a glass, top with some saffron if you wish. Enjoy!
So what are you waiting for, Make these recipes and Enjoy Holi through food as well! Happy Holi, Play Safe, Use Organic Colors(or maybe just make these colorful recipes and serve your guests and celebrate a No-Pollution Environment Friendly Holi) 🙂
That’s all for today! Thanks..