Kesar Pista Kulfi Recipe | Kulfiness
- Full Cream Milk - 1 liter
- Cream/Malai - 3-4 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Saffron - few strands
- Cardamom - 4 - 5 pods
- Pistachio - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Almonds - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Start by heating a pan with the milk. Once it gets a roaring boil, add a huge tablespoon of it to the saffron and keep aside.
- Now add the cream to the milk, stir well and cook in medium-high flame until it reduces to half, most probably about 20 minutes.
- Once its reduced to half, add the chopped nuts and sugar. Stir well and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the cardamom and let it cool to room temperature. Add to the kulfi moulds and freeze for 6-8 hours. You can insert bamboo sticks after 2-3 hours as well.
- Take the kulfi moulds out, use a butter knife and loosen the edges. Serve and enjoy.
RECIPE NOTES :