Eggless Ladi Pav Without Oven - Feather Soft Buns Recipe In Cooker - Eggless Baking Without Oven
- Warm Milk - 100 ml
- Sugar - 1/2 tbsp
- Instant Yeast - 1 tsp
- Plain Flour/Maida - 1 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Milk Powder - 1 tbsp
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1 1/2 cup to bake
- To the warm milk, add the sugar and the yeast. Stir and keep aside to proof for 10 mins.
- In your working platform, place the flour, salt and the milk powder. Mix and make a well in center.
- Add the proofed yeast mixture, which would have been frothy so far. Get your hands in and form this into a soft-pasty kind of dough. If the mixture does not turn out to be soft and pasty-sticky consistency, add more milk to it and make it sticky and soft.
- Add in the butter and start kneading it. Knead this by pushing the dough with heel of your palm.. This is going to be very sticky and kind of paste like, but this is how it is supposed to be. Just keep kneading and scraping once in a while for 15 minutes.
- After about 15 mins of kneading, this will come together and would be more like a dough than a sticky pasty mass.
- Place this into a bowl with a lil bit of oil, coat the dough and the bowl with the oil, cover with a damp cloth and let it proof for 1 hour or until doubled in a warm spot.
- Once doubled in volume, punch and take the dough out, sprinkle a bit of flour and knead for a minute.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. My dough weighed 245 grams. And I portioned about 40gms each.
- Smooth-en out each portion by rolling them between your palm and fingers. Place the shaped portions in a 6" square cake tin. You can make in a round one as well.
- Cover the cake tin with a cloth and let the pavs proof for another hour or until well risen.
- For Baking Without Oven, I recommend to use a large Pressure Cooker. Remove the Rubber Gasket and Whistle.
- Add 2 cups of salt, a wire stand and a perforated plate. Cover and heat in Medium-High Flame. Quite on the higher side. Preheat for 10 minutes
- Once the pavs are well risen, and are parallel or above to the tin's height. Brush them with milk.
- Using a tong, place the tin inside the cooker and quickly close the lid/cover. Bake these for 15-18 minutes in Medium-High Flame.(Read Notes)
- Take them out once they're baked well.. Brush the tops with butter. Now take a damp cloth and cover the tin for a minimum of 30 minutes.(Read Notes)
- Using a knife, loosen the sides and carefully take the pavs out..
- Pavs are ready.. Freshness to vouch for - smells, looks, and tastes heavenly! Enjoy!
RECIPE NOTES :
Making Ladi Pav or any Bread at home isn't difficult. But can get tricky when making without oven. Here are a few points for you to look at. The size and height of the tin matters. Make sure the height of the cake tin is no more than 2". You want the pavs when prooved to be parallel or above the tin's height for them to brown well inside the cooker. Flame: The flame that we use to bake cakes is low-med quite on the low side. But for baking these pavs, you need to have the flame in med-high. Quite on the higher side. Browning: A good brushing of milk is usually enough for it. But, if you are not confident whether they will brown well or not, you can add a pinch of sugar and mix the sugar in the milk and then brush the pavs. The sugar will help in browning much better. But be careful, too much sugar can lead to over-browning/burning. Just a pinch is good. Make sure to remove the gasket/rubber thing of your pressure cooker. As the heat is going to be quite on the higher side, be careful. And I will suggest using old salt. I mean, use salt that you have used earlier to bake something else.