Today, let’s make some Indian Style Macaroni..
We’ve grown up, or I must say, I am growing up 😛 having this macaroni in the lunch box.. And its a hit, literally, not only me but my friends like it a lot as well.. So, let’s get cooking 🙂
- Macaroni - 1½ Cups
- Onions - 2 (Med Size - Chopped)
- Tomatoes - 4 (Med Size - Chopped)
- Mix Veggies - ½ Cup (Carrots, Cauliflower, Beans - Chopped)
- Ginger - 1 tsp (Chopped)
- Garlic - ½ Tsp or less (Optional, Chopped)
- Green Chili - ½ Tsp (Chopped)
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Tsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Hudson Canola Oil - 3 Tbsp
- Red Chili Powder - ½ Tsp
- Chat Masala - 1 Tsp
- Garam Masala - ¼ Tsp (Garam Masala)
- Black Pepper - ½ Tsp (Optional)
- Red Chili Paste - 1 Tsp (Optional)
- Ketchup - 3-4 Tbsp (Or more)
- Coriander - 2 tbsp (Chopped)
- Start by boiling a couple of cups of water, add salt to taste and a tbsp of Hudson Canola Oil. Add the macaroni and boil till cooked well but has a bite, in other words Al Dente. Strain the pasta and rinse under cold water.
- Heat up a wok or a pan, and add in 2 tbsps of Hudson Canola Oil, once its hot add the cumin seeds. Next goes in the ginger, chili and garlic. Saute for a moment.
- Add the onions and cook till the onions are translucent, then add in the tomatoes. Stir and add in the salt to taste. Cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add the veggies, and cook for another two-three minutes. Add the ketchup and red chili paste, stir and cook for a minute.
- Season it with chat masala, red chili powder and a little bit of garam masala, cook the spices for 2 minutes.. Add the macaroni and mix well.. Top it off with coriander and a touch of black pepper and ENJOY 🙂
So, what are you waiting for, make this for your kids or just for yourself.. Totally scrumptious healthy lunch box or an evening snack on dish it is, try it and let me know how it goes..
That’s it for today,