Masala Vada Recipe - South Indian Snack
- Split Chana Dal/Bengal Gram - 1 cup
- Onion - 1/2 cup
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Ginger, Garlic, Green Chili - crushed (1 inch ginger, 2 green chilies, 3-4 garlic)
- Chili Flakes - 1 tbsp
- Rice Flour - 2 tbsp
- Curry Leave & Coriander - a little (chopped)
- Oil - to fry
- Soak Chana Dal/Split Bengal Gram for few hours, grind without any water into coarse.
- Add in all the ingredients to the dal and mix well! Wet your hands and make 16 portions out of this.
- Flatten the portions and slide them to moderately hot oil! Fry until golden brown!
- Transfer to a Kitchen towel and Serve Hot!
RECIPE NOTES :