Masala Vada, Vadai, Paruppu Vadai whatever you call, its the same crisp and yummy South Indian Snack..
A rainy day, cool breeze, piping hot tea with this vadas, Can you resist? No, I cant! 😀 Few months back, dad got some of these and we loved it.. The crispy vadas with the peanut chutney and tea the combo was awesome! I tried recreating, but failed that time.. Suddenly, I thought of making these 4-5 days back and they came out so good.. The next day itself, I doubled the quantity i had made the previous day and we enjoyed them to the core!
Lets have a look at the recipe!
- Chana Dal - 1 Cup
- Roughly Chopped Onions - ½ Cup
- Ginger Crushed - 1" Piece
- Garlic Crushed - 3 Cloves
- Gr Chili Crushed - 2 Nos
- Coriander Chopped - ½ Tsp
- Curry Leaves Chopped - ½ Tsp
- Rice Flour - 2 TBsp
- Fennel Seeds - 1 Tsp
- Salt - As per taste
- Red Chili Powder - As per liking
- Red Chili Flakes - 1 TBsp
- Oil - To Fry
- Soak Chana Dal/Split Bengal Gram for few hours, grind without any water into coarse.
- Add in all the ingredients to the dal and mix well! Wet your hands and make 16 portions out of this.
- Flatten the portions and slide them to moderately hot oil! Fry until golden brown!
- Transfer to a Kitchen towel and Serve Hot!
Wasn’t that easy? Make them and enjoy!! 😀 🙂
Have a great time!