Momos Simply Veg | Appetizers
- Cabbage - 1 1/2 medium size (grated)
- Onion - 2 medium (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 tbsp (grated)
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Black Pepper - as per taste
- Add in the cabbage, onions and grated ginger to melted butter with a tbsp. of oil in to wide pan. And, let it cook until the moisture vanishes. Add the salt and pepper. And, cook for some more time.
- Create a semi stiff dough from the plain flour by adding some salt. After done, pour in some oil and knead for 2-3 minutes. Cover with a damp cloth for 15 minutes.
- For making Dumplings: Take a small amount of dough, and start rolling in a greased surface. Dust flour as needed to make a thin base for momo. Add about a tsp of stuffing. And, seal as shown in the video.
- Boil water in a steamer. While the water is boiling, grease the steamer decks. After greasing add momos to the decks.After water boils, add the decks to the steamer and cover cook for 7-10 mins.
- After they get cooked, they will get a little bit transparent. After cooking for 10 mins, let them rest for 2-3 mins in the covered steamer. Finally that shake the steamer and the momos will come out, if you have greased the decks well.
- Serve it Hot with Red Chilli/Sesame Seed Chutney/Ketchup/Green Chili Dip