Motichoor Donuts Recipe, Motichoor Laddo filled Doughnuts | #FusionDiwali
- Warm Milk - 3/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Instant Yeast - 3/4 tsp
- Plain Flour - 1 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup to knead
- Milk Powder - 2 tbsp
- Rose Water - 1/2 tbsp
- Butter - 1/4 cup
For the filling
- Milk - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
- Custard Powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar - 2 1/2 tbsp
- Motichur Ladoo - 3
- Pistachio -
- In a bowl, add the milk, sugar and yeast. Mix and keep aside for 10 mins.
- To a mixing bowl, add the 1 1/4 Cup Flour and 2 tbsp milk powder. Add the milk mix and make a sticky paste kind of dough. Add the soft butter and knead it for 5-6 mins.
- Cover and keep the dough to proof for an hour.
- After one hour, take the dough out and sprinkle flour little at a time until you get a roll-able dough.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2" thickness sprinkling flour if needed. Use a donut cutter or a glass and a bottle cap to make doughnuts.
- Keep the doughnuts in flour dusted plates/trays for another hour to proof.
- For the Filling : In a saucepan, add the milk and bring it to a boil. Mix the custard powder with 2 tbsp of cold milk and pour that in to the boiling milk along with sugar.
- Stir it well and cook till it gets bubbly and thick. Pour the custard over the broken motichoor ladoos. Mix well and keep the refrigerator for an hour to chill.
- Heat the oil, and add the donuts in medium hot oil. Fry until golden. Transfer to a kitchen towel for the excessive oil to soak in and then let them cool down to get soft.
- Once the doughnuts get soft, take a knife and make small slits in the outer or inner cucircumference of it and then fill the filling in them generously using a piping bag.
- Apply sliver leaf in the doughnuts and then place motichur ladoos on top of the donuts. Sprinkle some pistachios and ENJOY!