Navratan Korma, nine jewels in a rich creamy korma gravy.
This mild-ly sweet korma is a favorite of everyone, and goes well with almost any bread or rice preparation.. I love to eat it just as it is as well, so Let’s get to see how to make this Restaurant Style.
Text Recipe[widget id=”text-5″]
- The Ratans : Potatoes - ¼ Cup (Parboiled)
- French Beans - ¼ Cup (Parboiled)
- Carrots - ¼ Cup (Parboiled)
- Peas - ¼ Cup (Parboiled)
- Paneer - ¼ Cup
- Cashews - 2-3 Tbsp
- Raisins - 2-3 Tbsp
- Pineapple - ¼ Cup
- Apple - ¼ Cup
- Pomegranate - 2-3 Tbsp
- Other Ingredients - Onion - 1 Large (Sliced and Fried)
- Cashewnuts - 2 Tbsp
- Khus-Khus / Poppy Seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Magaz / Melon Seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Oil - 2½ Tbsp
- Ghee - ½ Tbsp
- Shahi Jeera / Black Cumin - ½ Tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - ¼ tsp
- Green Chili - ½ Tsp
- Cardamom - 2
- Bayleaf - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Salt - As desired
- Turmeric - ¼ Tsp
- Red Chili Powder - ½ Tsp (Kashmiri Preferred)
- Coriander Powder - ½ Tsp (upto 1 tsp can be added if preferred more)
- Cumin Powder - ½ Tsp (upto 1 tsp can be added if preferred more)
- Chat Masala - ½ Tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp (Or puree of 1 large tomato)
- Sugar - 1 Tsp (Add more if desired, taste and adjust)
- Cream - ¼ Cup
- Saffron - 1 Pinch (Soaked in hot water for a while)
- Soak the cashews, khus khus and magaz in ½ cup hot water for an hour. Mix with fried onion and make a smooth paste.
- Heat Oil and Ghee in a pan, add the shahi jeera,cloves,cardamom, bayleaf. Stir and then add the chopped chili and ginger garlic paste. Cook for a minute.
- Add the onion and soaked nuts paste and cook until gets a boil, then add in salt, turmeric, red chili powder, chat masala, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame. Add the tomato ketchup, mix well and cook for 15 more minutes stirring every 2-3 minutes in medium flame.
- Once cooked, add the sugar and cream. Mix well and adjust consistency by adding water.
- Add the parboiled potato, peas, carrot and beans, along with cashews and raisins. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the paneer, pineapple and apple. (You can add pomegranate as well.) Mix well, add saffron and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish and ENJOY!
1 Tbsp of Condensed Milk can be added at the last.
So, what are you waiting for? Try it and Enjoy the Royal Mughlai Cuisine! 🙂
That’s it for today,