Pizza Uttapam | Alternative to Classic Pizza
- Soaked Rice -
- Soaked Urad Dal -
- Salt -
- Cumin Seeds -
- Curry Leaves -
- Coriander -
- Oil -
- Ketchup -
- Italian Herbs -
- Salt -
- Chili Flakes -
- Cheese -
- Take the soaked rice and dal and grind it to a thick smooth batter. Make sure its thick and smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and ferment for 4 hours-6 hours.
- After batter is fermented, add the salt, cumin, curry leaves(chopped), coriander and stir vigorously for a minute.
- Heat a pan/tawa, add 1-2 big ladle fulls of the batter. Dont spread, let it spread on its own. Add a tsp of oil, let it cook until golden.
- Mix in ketchup, italian herbs, salt and chilli flakes.
- Flip the uttapam now spread the sauce. Sauce is optional! But definitely enhances taste! After the sauce, add the toppings and cheese, salt, pepper, chili flakes. Now some coriander. Cover and cook for 4-5 min in med-low flame.
- Transfer to a serving plate, and then sprinkle herbs and chilii flakes. Serve immediately!!
RECIPE NOTES :