But seriously, this cake is divine.. I’ve made it a lot of time in past and failed to make as well.. But now, It comes out perfect everytime and has a delectably amazing flavor of all spice along with the light & spongy texture..
This cake can be had just as a tea time cake, or can be frosted with cream cheese or any icing for that matter. But I like to just with some icing sugar on top.. You can bake this in a loaf pan, a bundt pan or any shape
Believe me, carrot cake does sound boring at first.. But it is such a thing you get addicted to! It has happened with me and all of us in the family.. The light, soft & spongy texture is sooo goooodd! So, let’s get on with the recipe, shall we?
Carrot Cake Recipe in Cooker / Eggless Baking Without Oven
Soft, Light & Spongy, this carrot cake is great to enjoy as it is or with a frosting on top!
Start by heating a cooker with - 2 cups of salt, over that place a wire stand and a perforated plate. Cover and let it preheat.
In a mixing bowl, add flour, powdered sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt(a pinch), all spice powder, walnuts & whisk all well together.
In another bowl jug mix - yogurt & oil. Whisk together to combine.
Grease a 7" cake tin with oil, or a bundt pan of the same size.
Pour the wet mixture, to the dry ingredients mix, also add the grated carrot and mix to combine all together. If the batter too thick, you can add a couple tbsp(s) of milk. It was good & dropping consistency for me.
Pour the batter in the cake tin, and place inside the cooker. Try to keep in center for an even bake. Keep the flame low-medium and bake for 20-22 minutes.
Check the cake with a skewer after 20 minutes by poking it in. If it comes out clean, its ready. If not, keep for some more time.
Take the cake out of the cooker, and let it cool. Then using a knife, loosen the edges, and take the cake out. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or frost it with some cream cheese frosting and Enjoy the amusingly light & spongy carrot cake with tea, coffee or just as it is!
1. You can use upto 1 cup of grated carrots.
2. Nuts can be added upto 1/3 cup.
3. If you don't have all spice powder, you can also add some nutmeg & cinnamon powder or our very own garam masala.
4. I had a small 5.5" bundt pan so i used a normal 7" pan cause the bundt pan is too small to accommodate the cake batter. If you have a 7" one or bigger, use that!
5. Time the cake takes to bake will completely depend upon the size of cake tin, shape and also the flame. I used a 7" cake tin, and it was in low-med. Check the cake after 20 mins if you are using the same thing. In case of a 7" bundt pan, it will take about 25 mins.
Share this Recipe
It’s easy to make, and tastes yummy.. Why don’t you try it & let me know how it goes?