I had shown you a Red Velvet Cake some time back, but here I’m with a pillowy soft & moist Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe..
Think of a fluffy cream cheese frosting along with an incredibly soft moist cupcake.. Fantabulous!
Let’s get to the easy-peasy recipe.. Worrying about baking in oven or baking without oven? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Instructions provided for baking in cooker as well as oven.. 🙂
- Flour / Maida - 1 Cup
- Cocoa Powder
- Condensed Milk - ½ Cup
- Milk - ½ Cup
- Oil & Butter - 2 tbsp each
- Sugar - ¼ cup
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Red food color - ½ tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1½ Cups (for baking)
- For Frosting : Cream Cheese - ⅔ Cup
- Unsalted Butter - ¼ Cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Powdered Sugar - 1½ Cups (Sifted twice, after measuring)
- Cupcakes : For Baking in Cooker : Preheat a cooker in low-med flame for 10 minutes with 1½ cups of salt, a wire rack and a perforated plate.
- For Baking in Oven : Preheat oven at 180 C for 10 minutes.
- For the batter : Start by adding the oil & butter to a mixing bowl, then add the sugar and whip it. Then pour in the condensed milk, and whip it for another minute or two. Then add in the vinegar, vanilla essence and ¼ cup of milk. Mix well.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder over this. Give it a mix, Then mix the red food color with the rest ¼ cup milk and add the milk to the batter.
- If the color isn't accurate for you, feel free to add some other to balance. In my case, it was raspberry red, I added a couple drops of lemon yellow food color to balance the red color.
- Line Cupcake tins with liners, Divide the batter into 8 cupcakes.
- For Baking in Cooker : Place the cupcakes in the cooker, in mine I could place 4. Then close and bake for 15 minutes in low-medium flame. Check after 15 minutes with a toothpick, if it comes out clean its ready if not, bake for another 2-3 minutes. You can bake the rest cupcakes after this batch is baked.
- For Baking in Oven : Place the cupcakes in the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 180 C. Check with toothpick.
- Take the cupcakes out and let them cool completely.
- For Frosting : In a bowl, add the cream cheese and butter. Beat it for a minute, then add vanilla essence and ⅓ of the powdered sugar and whip till incorporated. Then add another ⅓ and whip, and then the last addition & Whip the frosting for another 2-3 minutes. Cream cheese frosting is ready.
- Add the frosting to a piping bag, then pipe the frosting in the cupcakes. Sprinkle with confectionery or cake crumbs. Enjoy!
Treat yourself with these heavenly delights, make ’em now & enjoy these luscious red velvet cupcakes 🙂
That’s all for today, Thanks!