Stuffed Buns Recipe | Surprise Inside Ladi Pav Bread Feather Soft Recipe | Eggless Baking
- Warm Milk - 95 ml
- Sugar - 1/2 tbsp
- Instant Yeast - 1 tsp
- Maida - 1 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Milk Powder - 1 tbsp
- Oil -
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi - 1 tsp
- Green Chili - 2 chopped
- Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 cup
- Potato - 1/4 cup cubed
- French Beans - 1/4 cup
- Corn - 1/4 cup
- Carrot - 1/4 cup
- Green Peas - 1/4 cup
- Black Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Chaat Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste -
- Vinegar - few drops
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Sesame Seeds -
- Start by proofing the yeast, to do so In a mixing bowl add the Warm Milk, followed by sugar. Mix really well, then add the Instant Yeast. Stir and keep aside for 10 mins in a warm spot like a turned off microwave or oven.
- Add the flour, salt, milk powder in your working platform. Mix and make a well. Once the yeast mixture froths and activates add the mixture in the center of the well and mix to make a sticky, soft, paste kind of dough.
- If your dough does not turn out to be a sticky, soft, paste kind of mass add more warm milk to make it so.
- Once the sticky mass of pasty dough is formed, add the Hudson Canola Oil and start kneading the dough. Knead this for 15 mins, by that time this pasty dough would form into a kind of ball of dough.
- Do Not add any flour or anything, just keep kneading for 15 mins.. Make sure to scrape the dough from the surface time to time.
- Once kneaded, transfer to a greased bowl, cover and let it proof for One Hour or until doubled in a warm spot like a turned off microwave or oven.
- For the Stuffing : In a pan, add the Hudson Canola Oil. Once hot, add the cumin seeds along with the kasoori methi.
- Add the chili, garlic, onions, potatoes, beans, corn, carrot, and peas. Toss it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season it by adding the pepper, chat masala, red chili powder, garam masala, cumin powder. Stir and cook for 3-4 mins or until the veggies are about 3/4 cooked.
- Once the veggies are done, switch off the flame and add the vinegar, sugar and the salt. Stir and keep aside. You can add some coriander leaves chopped as well.
- Once the dough is doubled in volume, take it down to your dusted working surface and knead it for a minute. Divide into 7 equal portions.
- Just like you fill momos or stuff parathas, stuff the dough portions with the filling. To do so, take a portion kind of start flattening the portion and make sure the edges are thinner than the center.
- Keep a good tablespoon or two of the filling, gather the edges and press to seal. Sprinkle some flour if it feels its extremely sticky, kind of roll it between your palms to make a round shape.
- Grease a 6" Round Cake Tin/or a steel/aluminum container of such size with oil. Place the Stuffed Buns in there. Stuff all the dough portions like so and keep in the round cake tin.
- Brush these with some milk and sprinkle some sesame seeds. Cover and let the shaped buns proof for another hour or until doubled.
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Once the stuffed buns have proofed, brush generously with milk gently. Place inside the oven and bake for 15 Minutes at 200 C.
- Take them out, brush with butter. And let them rest for a minimum of 15 mins.
- Loosen the edges, and take the buns out, ENJOY :)
RECIPE NOTES :
You can also make these a night before and pack as a lunch next morning :)<br/>Feel free to add more or less or any veggie that you wish for. You can skip the onion and garlic if you wish to :)<br/>Sometimes, the flour absorbs more moisture and sometimes less.. That is because of the protein level of the flour.. So, add the 95 milliliters of the milk at the first, if it forms into a pasty kind of dough, Great! Otherwise add more milk to make it pasty and sticky :)