We love Moong Dal ke Cheela, and we love Dosas.. Have you tried something in between?
Here’s adai for you all, which is a awesome snack recipe from South India.. Well, not only snacks this is a perfect dish to pack in your lil one’s lunch box! One of my friend used to bring these almost daily and while it was a regular in his home it was something new for me and a few of my friends and we used to enjoy these..
These are a little different than Dosas and pretty close to Moong Dal ke cheele.. But has its own uniqueness, rich in protein and healthy! So, let’s get into the easy recipe which requires no fermentation! Kind of instant dosas or crepes, which everyone would enjoy!
- Rice - 1 Cup
- Skinless Black Gram / Urad Dal - ¼ Cup
- Split Bengal Gram / Chana Dal - ¼ Cup
- Split Pigeon Peas / Tuvar Dal - ⅛ Cup
- Skinless Split Green Gram / Moong Dal - ⅛ Cup
- Dried Red Chilies - 6-8
- Asafoetida / Hing - ¼ Tsp
- Curry Leaves - Few
- Cumin Seeds - ½ Tsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Oil - As required
- In a bowl, add the rice, and all the dals. Add water and wash-rinse twice.
- Then add the chilis, curry leaves, cumin seeds and hing. Add 2½ cups of water and let it soak for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- After it has been soaked, blend to a kind of coarse paste. Transfer to a bowl, add salt and mix well.
- Heat a tawa, smear a lil bit of oil and remove off the excess using a tissue/cloth. Spread a ladle full of batter and make a adai somewhere between a thickness of a uttapam and a dosa.
- Cook in medium flame, once the top dries a little smear oil in the sides and cook till the edges are brown. Using a turner take the adai off the pan and serve! Tastes best with some onion chutney to me 🙂
Now, whether you enjoy these as a snack or in breakfast or pack it in your lunch box this is an fantastic snack! This comes down to be the last recipe for the amusing 2014 year.. Thanks for lot for being with me all the time, Do watch the lookback video on our Channel 🙂 All the best for the New Year, may god bless you with happiness, peace, health, prosperity, success and all you desire for 🙂 Wishing you a very Happy and Delicious New Year 🙂
That’s it for this year, See you next year with more lipsmacking dishes 🙂