Tandoori Paneer Tikka Pizza Recipe - Made in Gas Tandoor/Eggless Baking Without Oven
- Plain Flour - 1 cup
- Salt - To taste
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Instant Yeast - 1/2 tsp
- Herbs - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Warm Water - 1/2 cup
- Paneer - 1/2 cup (cubed)
- Veggies - 1/2 cup (cup)
- Curd - 3 tbsp
- Tikka Masala - roasted besan/sattu - 2 tsp/ chili flakes - 1/2 tsp/ kashmiri red chili powder - 1/2 tsp; garam masala - 1/4 tsp; salt to taste)
- Mustard Oil - 1 tbsp
- Proofed Dough -
- Plain Flour - 1/4 cup (dusting)
- Pizza Sauce - 3 - 4 tbsp
- Paneer Tikka -
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mozzarella Cheese - 1/2 cup
- Mixed Herbs - as desired
- Salt - To taste
For Pizza Dough
- In a bowl, add the warm water followed by sugar and yeast. Mix well and keep aside in a warm spot for 10 minutes.
- In a kneading plate/bowl add the flour, salt, herbs and add the proved yeast mix and make a sticky soft dough.
- Add the oil and knead for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with a damp towel and let it prove for one hour in a warm place.
- In a mixing bowl, add the tikka masala and enough curd to make a thick paste.
- Heat the mustard oil till smoky and add that in the marinate. Stir well and add the paneer and veggies, coat gently and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a gas tandoor in medium-high flame for 10 minutes.
- Skewer the paneer and veggies in the wooden skewers. Place the skewers in the tandoor and quickly close, tandoorify them for 6-7 mins turning every 2 minutes in high flame.
- For completing pizza: Heat the tandoor with a tawa(without any plastic/wood thingy), or a pizza stone for 10 minutes.
- Punch and Knock the dough and transfer to a flour dusted platform and knead for a minute. Now roll this using a rolling pin dusting flour to prevent sticking.
- Take the tawa out and add 2 tbsp of oil to the hot tawa. Followed by the rolled pizza dough. Press and fit to the size of the tawa if you wish. Prick it with a fork.
- Add the sauce and spread well. Add the cheese, and the paneer tikka.
- Smear a few drops of oil over also, spread oil on the edges of the pizza..
- Place the tawa in the tandoor and cook until done, takes about 10 minutes in high flame.
- Sprinkle over your favorite herbs enjoy!