Hey Foodie Fellas,
It’s time to Snack ON something crispy crispy and delicious delicious!
Let’s make some Veg Bullets today, which is an amazing starter or an appetizer to have.. Main Ingredient being carrots, this is definitely a must try for you cause its different than the normal cutlets and croquettes ofcourse..
Here’s the recipe for you..
- Carrots - 4-5 (Grated)
- Potatoes - 2 (Boiled n Mashed)
- Coriander - 1 Tbsp (Chopped)
- Green Chili - ½ Tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 Tsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Grated Nutmeg - One Pinch
- Cinnamon Powder- One Pinch
- Red Chili Powder - ½ Tsp
- Custard Powder - 2 Tbsp + More for Coating
- Plain Flour / Maida - 2 Tbsp
- Bread Crumbs - As Required
- Hudson Canola Oil - For Frying
- Start by heating up Hudson Canola Oil in a pan for deep frying.
- In a mixing bowl, add the grated carrots, boiled and mashed potatoes, coriander, green chili, ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Now add in the nutmeg, cinnamon, red chili powder, plain flour and custard powder and incorporate it well.
- Just before you're ready to shape and fry, add the salt in mix well and make long cylindrical type shapes of about 3 inches.
- Coat it in custard powder well, then roll it between your hands to make sure its coated well, dip in water and roll in bread crumbs. Roll it in your hands to make sure the bread crumbs stick.
- Once these are ready, deep fry till half way done in medium flame.
- Take them out once halfway cooked, and let them cool. Increase the flame to high and let the oil get hot well, and then add the bullets to the hot oil. Fry until crunchy and serve! ENJOY!
Make sure the potatoes are not over boiled and are refrigerated for quite a time after boiling. Best to boil in night and refrigerate till morning if you wish to pack this as a snack for your lil one in lunchbox.
So, do try and let me know how it goes..
That’s it for today..