Veg Fondant Recipe | Cake Decorating Basics
- Powdered Sugar - 3 - 4 cups
- Cream - 1/4 cup
- Glycerine - 1 tbsp
- Liquid Glucose - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Agar/China Grass - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Corn Flour - for dusting
- Soak the agar in the cream for 10 mins.. Drop that to a pan and cook that in low flame until everything is well mixed and no traces of agar are seen.
- Transfer it to a bowl, making sure every-bit is out. Add in the butter and mix well.
- Now comes liquid glucose, salt, glycerin. Beat it really well using a beater/whisk.
- Add about 1 1/2 cups of sugar and mix that really well with hands, after its mixed well. Add another 1 1/2 cup and mix well.
- Transfer the fondant to the working surface. Now add more sugar if you feel its not stiff enough, and knead for 4-5 mins. I added another 1/2 cup sugar. Actually depends upon the weather.
- Cover with cling wrap/plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hrs. After that, keep for a hour or two in counter top so that it comes to room temp.
- Start kneading the fondant in a corn flour/powdered sugar dusted surface. Knead for a couple of mins. Fondant is ready to be used..
- To color the fondant, take gel colors or powder colors (Yes, it works. The same colors which we get in every grocery shop) and incoporate that really well. Add more sugar/corn flour if it gets sticky and if the color is not vibrant, add more color!