Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe - Eggless/Alcohol Free!
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Maida / All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Butter - 1/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup
- Orange Juice - 3/4 cup + 3 tbsp
- Candied Papaya - 3-4 tbsp
- Cashewnut - 2 tbsp
- Anjeer - 2 tbsp
- Walnuts - 2 tbsp
- Dried Khajur/ Dried Dates - 2 tbsp
- Almonds - 2 tbsp
- Khajur/Dates - 2 tbsp
- Candied Ginger - 2 tbsp
- Raisins - 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
- Orange Zest - 1/2 tsp
- For Fruit Soak - Mix all the Ingredients in a Glass Bowl/Container and Cover with Cling wrap and refrigerate overnight or upto 36hrs.
- Preheat your oven to at 180 C. Mix Baking Powder, Soda, Flour and Sieve twice.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add in condensed milk. Beat for 3-5 mins or until pale and light.
- Add in half of the flour, orange juice. Fold this into the wet mixture. Once combined, add the rest flour and fold well.
- Add the soaked dried fruits and fold them well!
- Grease a 7" cake tin. add the cake batter to it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 30-35 mins.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
RECIPE NOTES :
You can replace the Dried Fruits and Nuts as per your preference. Just make sure the total comes to the same.. It should be appx 1-1/4 Cup. You can bake this cake in a Pressure cooker/Cooker. Just add 2 cups salt, wire rack. Heat for 5 mins in low-med flame and then bake for 35 mins in the same thing covered without Whistle.