It’s been about a year and half when started the series Eggless Baking Without Oven.. But mostly we focused on Cakes and a slight bit of cookies..
We’re going to bake a lot more stuff other than cakes now, so keep requesting! Today, some dry fruit muffins for you! 🙂
Muffins, looks similar to cupcakes.. But it is a type of bread, made many ways.. While Cupcake is a dessert, Muffins are both sweet and savory enjoyed in Breakfast or as you know anytime.. Here’s a sweet variety for you all, loaded with dried fruits.. Time to dive right into the recipe?
- Plain Flour / Maida - ¾ Cup
- Powdered Sugar - ½ Cup
- Oil - ¼ Cup
- Milk - ½ Cup
- Baking Soda - ½ Tsp
- Milk Powder - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar - 1 Tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Tsp
- Mix Dry Fruits - ½ Cup + 2-3 tbsp for topping
- Salt - 2 Cups + one pinch
- Start by heating up a pressure cooker in medium flame, add the 2 cups of salt and a wire stand and a perforated plate. Cover, remove the whistle and let it preheat for 10 minutes.
- Mix vinegar in the milk and keep aside. Sieve the dry ingredients - Flour, Baking Soda, Milk Powder, Powdered Sugar, a pinch of salt and keep aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl - Oil, Vanilla Essence, Milk+Vinegar Mix and keep aside.
- Take about a tablespoon and half and add it to the mix dried fruits and coat the dry fruits well in the flour.
- Now pour the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients and whisk it well together, do not over mix! Now add the dry fruits and using a spatula fold it in.
- Line Paper Cups in Individual Muffin Tins and then scoop the batter in about ¾ way. Use an ice cream scoop its easier & consistent that way. Top the muffins with some dried fruits. Ready to bake!
- Open the cooker and place the muffin tins inside, do not over load 3-4 at once. Quickly close and turn the flame down to low-medium and let it bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Once done, test with a skewer, if it comes out clean its ready. Take it down to a cooling rack. Let them cool and Enjoy in Breakfast or anytime in the day!
The muffins can be cooked for a little longer than 15 minutes, maybe about 18-20 minutes if a more brown color is desired on top like i did for 3 of them.. But they can get slightly firm.. I'm in no-way promoting over-baking just that if you wish to do.. Not much of a difference in texture but looks better.
Soft, Moist and loaded with plump and crisp dried fruits in every bite, Sure is a delight to have.. Can’t stop at one.. So make sure you try it out 🙂
That’s all for today, Thanks 🙂